We are so very humbled at all of the friends, family, and strangers that have said such sweet kind words also for all of those that have fasted and prayed for our sweet little children. We are so humbled to hear of all the sweet perfect little children that have rallied their friends and family members to pray for our situation. What a great example they are to us.
Little Preston is still fighting for his life. But I will be the first to tell you, the Lord has heard all of yours and our prayers. The day after my post, Preston was peeing diapers that you could literally ring out!!! What a miracle that was to see! The day of my post, Preston was peeing at a rate of 10. The day after my post, his rate increased to 100!!!!!!! Yesterday, his peeing slowed some, but he had not gained to much weight.
Today we got word that his urine output has increased from 1 ml to 2.5 ml (the doctor wants to see it at 3ml so he is almost there. The doctors are contemplating doing the same heart surgery Madelyn and Parker just had, on our little Preston within the next 24 hours. There will be a team of doctors discussing this as it could easily put way to much stress on his compromised body. But, there is some talk of it improving his situation.
After a very emotional and frusterating visit late last night,my mother spoke with the doctor (She is a nurse) and got the scoop on his condition. She then explained it to Trever and I and we finally understand all that is going on.
During the first two weeks of life, medicine can be given to close a PDA (an open artery in the heart). First they gave Preston Indocine but it did not work. So then they tried Ibuprofen, a different kind of medicine. The side affect of this medicine was a possibility of damage to the kidneys. After this medicine was administered, he started to get a little puffy and they found that he has Acute Tubuler Necrosis. Acute= Now, Tubuler= Tubes, Necroses= Death of tissue. This was found to be in the kidneys. So the tubes in his kidneys were dying. Then, the doctors did a urine culture, and found yeast. So they believe yeast is attacking his kidneys and causing a Urinary Tract Infection as well. They have administered antibiotics to fight this as well. On top of this, the doctors administered an antibiotic called Vancomycin to make sure the MRSA does not spread into the blood. So many scary things are happening inside of his body right now!
So at this point, our goals are:
1. Kill the yeast with antibiotics so the kidneys can recover and begin working properly.
2. Ventilator settings will get better as the fluid is excreted through his urine.
3. Swelling will go down.
So, we still have a few days to weeks before we visibly see him go back down to size. We are hoping he will be able to fight this and survive. We know with the help of all of your prayers, anything can happen. He definetly has alot of work ahead of him. We love you so much Preston, You are our little fighter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
58 comments:
So pleased to hear some progress!!! I'll continue to pray :)
we are saying lots of prayers for preston. and for all little ones!
Jenna - I am so excited to read your update. Praise God! Isn't He awesome???
If there is anything you need, please let me know. I am not too far away from you. If I could bring you a meal, etc, I would be more than happy to.
-Tracy (gehlby)
Found your blog thru some of the other quad mom blogs (bc it is SO interesting!) We are definitely keeping your little ones as well as you and your husband/family in our prayers! Stay strong and faithful! You've got tons of prayer warriors out there, mama!
Lauren in Dallas
Thank you for posting this! I just shared it with my family and we will continue to rally in prayer for Preston and his siblings.
I am so happy to hear that Preston is doing better! What an amazing little guy! We are praying for your crew!!! Huuuuugggs!
oh Jenna I am so glad to hear that things are looking up some. I will keep you babies in my prayers
Laurie
I have said my prayers every time he has entered my mind, which honestly is several times a day. I so happy to hear God is answering our prayers and your boy is fighting to so hard. What a miracle! I'll continue to pray and I hope the medicines keep doing the trick. Not sure how I feel about his PDA surgery so soon as it seems so much for his little body to handle. I pray the doctors and you all will do what in your hearts feels right. I truly feel God will take care of him and keep him safely home here with you! Lots of Love.
xxxx
Connie
My heart goes out to you all. I'm thrilled to hear that Preston is improving in his urine output and hope that continues. My girls had the PDA surgery within their first week of life and it was a scary hurdle for us at the time, but they pushed on through it. It is amazing what little fighters are inside those tiny bodies. I will continue to pray for your family.
God bless!
What a MIRACLE!!!! The fact that his little body can fight to fix itself is AMAZING and WONDERFUL. What an amazing young man. We keep you and those precious babies in our prayers daily.
He is such a fighter! He has fought so much he can do this. You have so many people praying for you. And many who want to be there for you, you are not alone. Take care!
I've spread the word so more people will pray for your family! I'm so happy he is PEEING!
Thank God!!
I pray for your sweet Preston every day. Though I have never met you or your family, I feel your pain as I read your words. God is the power of life, he will pull through for Preston! I wish a healthy and speedy recovery for all of the babies! Peace be with you. Royal
God is so good. He can heal Preston and we will continue to pray for that!
Another stranger praying for little Preston and your whole family. I pray that God's will and plan is the same as our human desires.
CHILL BUMPS!!! Preston, you are amazing, little buddy! Keep on fighting! and mom and dad---i'm SO glad that you are comforted in knowing that so many people are lifting you up in prayers! God bless you and your sweet family!
suz
Prayer is very powerful! And it works for God's plan, everytime! You have been placed on the Provo, Timpanogos and Draper UT. Prayer rolls. Keep praying as we will continue to be praying for you!
Oh, I am so, so happy to hear that little Preston is doing better. I cannot imagine how terrifying it must be do go through this. Preston and the rest of the family is in my prayers. Keep peeing, little one!!
Hi,
I havent posted on here yet but have been following your blog on FF. I just want you to know that I'm over in the UK thinking of you and praying for Preston (as well as all the other quads
Keep fighting little man!
Lots of love
Nikki-lou (FF)
It's so good to hear that Preston's making some progress. Still praying for all of you!
Great news on Preston - keep peeing boy! thinking about you all.
I'm praying for your little ones right now and whenever I think of it during the day! Stay strong!
Fight, fight, fight Preston!!!
Prayers and hugs,
A Fan from Big D
Keeping your sweet little peanut in my prayers.
Yes! Pee never sounded so nice before! We'll keep on praying...
You guys are so strong and what fighters your little ones are. I am so glad that things are starting to improve for Preston. Our hearts go out to you and we will keep you all in our prayers.
Oh my goodness you have gorgeous babies...they will all be in my prayers.
I found you through the Gerwer's blog and I just wanted to let you know we have been praying for all of your little ones. We also are praying for you and your husband to have the strength to make it through all of this. Just keep the positive thoughts going. And we'll keep sending out the happy healthy thoughts. :)
We will keep all of you in our prayers! I was happy to see a good report for today! I hope he can keep up and do well!
So glad to hear it. It just makes me cry to think of his little body fighting so hard. We'll continue to pray!
I found your blog by way of the King Quads. I want you to know that my family and I are praying for you and your family. I linked my blog readers to your blog so you can get even more prayers and positive thoughts.
God Bless you and your little ones!
Continued prayers for you and your family, especially little Preston.
Your family is in our prayers and I am so delighted to here the news! I am also LDS and believe that mircles can happen and our Savior works wonders! Love always the Thomas family from Texas!
Oh Jenna...glad to hear that there has been some improvement! I truly believe in the power of prayer...and will continue to send prayers your way! Big hugs to you and all your little one's...
Kelly :)
I found your blog through a prayer request on another blog. I've been praying and praying since I read about Preston's kidney failure. I'm so relieved to hear his progress. Praise the Lord! I will keep on praying for him and his brother and sisters!
blessings and prayers from indiana...may God continue to bless you and your family and touch these precious babies with his healing hands
Truly amazing!! He can do it!! I am so happy he is such a fighter!
I am praying for you guys and here for WHATEVER you need!! LOVE YOU
XO Case
So glad to hear from you. I am one of those strangers that have been dropped into your "blogworld" and have felt the call to pray for your babies. Little Preston has been on my mind so much. I was glad to hear that his kidney function has gotten better. I pray he is on the mend and can fight through this. One thing I do know for sure God has it all under control.
Still praying.............
I am still praying! I had to come back and see how he was doing. Thank you so much for updating. I have been thinking about him all day. ((((Prayers))))
I just found your blog and I want you to know that my heart goes out to you!
My twins (19 months now ) were born at 28 weeks. NICU life is SO hard but in a few months it will seem like a distant memory. I will be praying for your entire family!
God bless you.
Rachel S.
SO pleased to hear of Preston's progress. Praying he will continue to fight and gain weight.
Also praying for your other three miracles. Xx
Thank You for the update and we are keeping Preston lifted up in prayer for continued healing.
We are also praying for your entire family. Big Hugs and continued strength...
Stacy
I'm just one more stranger cheering, visualizing, and believing that Parker will win this fight!
That is good news for Preston! I have been reading your blog and praying for your sweet baby boy! God does miracles all the time! Stay strong for him and the other babies
I found your family blog through another blog I follow. I hadn't seen this post yet just your post from Wednesday...so I just left you a message there moments ago. Well, then I refreshed my browser and saw that God is working and is healing little Preston's kidneys. I was just sobbing away, God id so good!! I will continue to pray and pray for healing and for these 4 precious babies to be a testimony to God's strength and love. Know you are covered in prayers from my family in Alpharetta, GA!!
Jenna we are praying for you guys and the babies! i'm so glad to hear the good report on baby Preston, keep your head up and remember God is awesome!
praying for your little ones in alabama!!!
I am so glad to hear that Preston is doing better.
Jenna,
Hang in there. We had some experiences just like this one. Tristan was blown up with edema like that for 6 weeks at least from an undiagnosed bowel perforation. He is just fine now at 13 months old crawling around like a maniac. My Mark had horrible side effect from the ibprofen as well- he had a bowel perforation FROM the ibprofen. He's also doing just fine now. I know how hard this is. Just hold on. These preemies are such fighters. We're thinking of you. I promise you that these NICU days will be a think in the past before you know it.
-Nicole Golden
Great news! We are rooting for little Preston (and his sisters and brother) here in Louisiana. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.
Jac
I found your blog through the Steece's. I've been praying, and I know the power of prayer. I'll continue to pray for all of you. May the Lord bless you all.
Try to keep to trust in Him! He is the Good Shepherd, He is always with us,even in the hardest times. I have experienced it.
I'll pray for Preston too and all the babies and the whole family. May He bless you all!
Your family is in my prayers...I will continue to keep little Preston lifted up and pray that all those precious babies get bigger and stronger.
Love and prayers,
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com
I found your blog from another one. I will be praying for your family and your beautiful babies.
Praying for you all.
-Friend of Steph Probst
Praying, praying, praying for your precious babies - especially Preston. God has richly blessed you!
C.O.L.E. (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally) Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com
I am so glad to hear of Preston's progress! THat is great! I will continue to pray for him and all the babies and the rest of your family!
<3 Heather
Post a Comment