Monday, January 5, 2009

Almost 1 Week Old!

Baby Dahlia



Baby Madelyn

Baby Preston


Baby Parker


Mommy and Dahlia
Mommy and Madelyn
Mommy and Parker

Mommy and Preston

Daddy and Preston


Daddy and Parker


Daddy and Madelyn
Daddy and Dahlia




This past week has been so amazing! All four of the babies are amazing the doctors at how well they are doing! All 4 babies are doing great for their age but Parker has had the hardest time of them all. I had a special feeling about him while I was pregnant and I kinda knew he would have a little bit of a rough time. He is still doing really well!

They are all off of their biliruben lights for jaundice, off of their Dopamine for blood pressure and most are breathing room air on their ventilators. All 4 of them can open their eyes now (they stay fused until about the 25th week.) They are all gaining weight and they already look so much healthier than when they were first born.


Preston is definetly a momma,s boy. He loves when I talk to him and holds on so tight. We think Dahlia is gonna be like Eva. Madelyn is a little sweety pie, she is the smallest of the bunch but is doing the best! Parker is also a mommas boy, he has been fighting so hard and I am so proud of him.

The next 48 hours are going to be huge! They will all be getting ultrasounds tomorrow morning to test for brain bleeds. The doctors all feel confident that they do not have any bleeds because they are not showing any symptoms. Also, tonight we will find out if the babies will need to go into surgery or not to have their PICC lines placed. We are very scared, but with all of the prayers we know everything will be OK!


Last night was the most amazing night ever! The nurses let us kiss our babies for the first time! I had not even got to smell their scent before last night... It was wonderful! We are so in love! We went and got pictures done to go inside their isolettes of Eva and then one of the 3 of us.


I am feeling great and I am so glad to be off of the bedrest! Even though my labor was really scary, my hospital experience after that was great! L&D was so wonderful to me! I got to stay in the same room I delivered Eva in, and one of my nurses was even the same nurse I had with Eva! Trever and I both know that the Lord meant for the babies to come when they did. I am at peace that there was no stopping my body from going into labor and everything will work out OK.

We want to give a special thanks to all of our friends that came and visited us! We really appreciate it so much!


21 comments:

..Soo.See.. said...

awesome update and they're so adorable!! i'll keep them in prayers that the u/s don't show any bleeds and that they continue to thrive!
-susy (..soo..see.. from FF)

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD!! The babies look great and what a priceless moment getting to kiss them.
PLease keep me posted on their results tomorrow.
You look awesome by the way, and as always, if there is anything i can do, i am just down the street (quite litterally :)).
XOXO

jag said...

We're praying for you! The pictures are so sweet, especially those first kisses!

Four babies 4 us said...

I've been waiting for this update! I check your blog 5 times a day. I must look like a stalker!
Anyway, sounds like the babes are doing GREAT! Please be sure and update on the head ultrasounds. If by chance any of them have bleeds, try not to get too far ahead of yourself. My little Mason (he was the biggest and struggled the hardest) had bilateral grade 4 bleeds. That's the worst you can get. The doctors painted a rather bleak picture, none of which ever happened. He is 100% perfect today, never needed shunts, ended up being the second one to come home. He has no health concerns related to his bleeds. You really never know given the fact that a baby's brain is so resilient.
There is a great book that you may want to pick up at the bookstore, or from Amazon, here's a link. http://www.amazon.com/Preemies-Essential-Parents-Premature-Babies/dp/067103491X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231209759&sr=1-1 It's easy to get overwhelmed and forget to ask questionswhen you do your daily meetings with the neonatologists. I thought this book was great to refer to.
Feel free to e-mail me if there is anything I can do.
Michelle

Amy said...

I had a feeling ever since you said you were pregnant with quads that everything was going to work out well for you. You have definitely had a lot of prayers coming your way...and still do.

Your babies are amazing and you and your DH have done such an amazing job!

Rachel said...

What an exciting post!!! So good to see you getting to love on your darlings and to know they are fighting and doing well. Tons of prayers still coming your way - our church is praying for you too!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,

I'm a "lurker" from FF and I've left responses to your posts before in the past. I've been following your story since day one and I'm soooo glad the babies are all doing so well considering how small they are. I pray for you faithfully every single night and I look forward to reading GOOD news about the u/s.

God bless you all!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

I look everyday for an updated blog and I'm so proud of your strong babys, they are doing so well so far and hope that they continue to grow and get stronger with each passing day. Glad you're feeling well and for the happy update!

Tabitha said...

you don't know me but I found your blog through another blog. i just had a baby a few months ago (just one!) but can imagine the overwhelming emotions you are feeling with 4 babies! Just wanted to let you know that God has really laid you on my heart and I'm praying faithfully for your sweet family.
Tabitha (in Indianapolis, IN)

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are so thrilled to hear that these precious new cousins are doing so fabulous! We will continue to pray for the upcoming ultrasound. We know first hand that your babies are in the best hands possible! Thanks for keeping us updated. Can't wait to see you guys!

The Michaels' Quads said...

We are so excited for your four little angels!!! God is so good!! They look so amazing. We will def. pray for the ultrasounds!!!

The Michaels Family

Stephanie said...

I love the kiss pictures! how precious!
You seem to be in great sprits..always remember HE is in control!
Please keep us updates on the results
Prayers from Katy, Texas for those sweet babies!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a big change from just last week. They look so good. Let me know how everything goes with their tests. Thats so exciting you got to kiss them. Tell Eva Ally is waiting to play. LOL! You guys are doing great!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so happy to hear that they are doing so well after only one week! that is incredible! they are so beautiful and just such little miracles. continued prayers...

Carter and Addy's Mommy said...

I have 25 weekers too! I have a set of Boy/Girl twins who were born at 25.5 weeks in 2007. They are happy, healthy, and right on track for their development! They are turning 2 in 6 days!!! There is light at the end of this lonng, dark, isolating, tunnel. For any information or to see what our NICU experiences and days after were, you can read our blog! www.seaborntwins.blogspot.com

Carter and Addy's Mommy said...

I have 25 weekers too! I have a set of Boy/Girl twins who were born at 25.5 weeks in 2007. They are happy, healthy, and right on track for their development! They are turning 2 in 6 days!!! There is light at the end of this lonng, dark, isolating, tunnel. For any information or to see what our NICU experiences and days after were, you can read our blog! www.seaborntwins.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Aw, they're so beautiful! Just like their Mama! I'm prayin' every night, and lots of people up here are praying too. Even kids from seminary! I put a couple pics of the babies up on the board, and everyone's just completely amazed by them.
I can't wait to come see you and them and help you! LOVE YOU!
-Mariah

A n T said...

So glad to hear that all is going well. Continue to grow big and strong little ones!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of your quads! I've been keeping your babies and family in my prayers since I started following your blog. I'm a mom from FF also with a daughter named Eva and am expecting DD2 in March. We also live in DFW =-) You have some amazing babies and I pray they continue to do well and thrive!

Casey's trio said...

Congratulations on your beautiful babies. I've read through your last few posts and it sounds like you have 4 strong little fighters! I delivered my triplets girls at 25.1 weeks and they are now almost 3 1/2 years old and smart, healthy little girls. Your family will be in my prayers!
God bless,
Casey in CA

Anonymous said...

wow your babies are beautiful. I hope they dont die. I would be so sad. God bless.