Thursday, January 15, 2009

Surprise!

Walking into our surprise party
Singing Happy Birthday to Trever

The cake

Eva the Diva



Parker

Preston





Dahlia






Madelyn





Our little quadruplet munchkins are almost 3 weeks old already! I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. I want them to be home so bad so that I can love on them and take care of them! It has been good for my body to heal though. I feel almost 100%! I am able to cook, clean, and be the mommy and wife I have not been able to be for the last 4 months. Bedrest is tough let me tell ya. Allthough I have a feeling in just a little while I will be longing for it again lol!!




Well overall the babies are doing well! Madelyn's incident is almost completely better now. All of the babies are growing quickly! You wont believe this but we actually have a little blondie! Yes it is true! I cannot believe it either. Trever always said we would have a blonde haired baby and I thought that was completely ridiculous! Well little Preston, daddy's clone, has blonde eyelashes and extremely golden light brown hair! He is gorgeous! Madelyn is mommy's little clone. She has dark dark hair and lots of it!!! Dahlia used to look like Parker but now she is starting to resemble Preston more. Probably because they are about the same size! I have a feeling she is going to be my snuggle bug. She just loves when mommy is near. Parker is my honey. He is still pretty small and always looks so sweet!




Well both Dahlia and Parker have pneumonia. It sounds really scary, and is, but the doctor's say it is a very mild case and they have caught it early enough so that it has not really affected them too much. Right now they have an infection control doctor that has implemented some precautions so that we do not give this extremely contagious condition to Preston and Madelyn. We know alot of you want to come visit the babies but we hope everyone understands that we are limiting the amount of people visiting so that we eliminate any chance of spreading this condition.






Eva has done so well! We try to see the babies during her nap and when she goes to bed so that she wont feel like we are always leaving her.. She definetly knows things have changed especially since mommy doesnt have her "ball" any more! I just love that pic above of her! So cute!




Let me just say we have some of the most amazing friends in the whole world! Tuesday night some of our friends threw us a surprise congratulations party for the babies/ birthday party for Trever! Everyone brought diapers and wipes! It really has been so so so wonderful to have so many caring people around us! I cannot believe how many great people there are out in this world!!! We love you all and thank you to everyone who has helped us! It means so much!



The babies current weights are:



Preston- 2 pounds 7 ounces



Dahlia- 2 pounds 2 ounces



Parker- 1 pound 15 ounces



Madelyn- 1 pound 12 ounces




They are all 12 inches!






To close, I wanted to give a special shout out to Amy- Jo Sather and her husband! I wanted Amy-Jo to know that she is doing so well and I am so proud of her! Keep baking those babies!

14 comments:

Four babies 4 us said...

GREAT UPDATE!!
I'm thrilled to hear that your babies are doing so well. They are absolutely gorgeous, just like their big sister.
I love your updates, keep 'em coming!
Michelle

debi9kids said...

Those babies are such blessings! Just incredible that they are doing so well.
Saying prayers for their continued health.

ps that picture of Eva is just adorable!

Moni Graf said...

So happy to hear you're feeling great (and looking great, too, by the way).

What an awesome surprise! Gotta love those stashes of diapers and wipes....you may start crying when you run out and have to start buying them. It gets pretty brutal.

Praying for your babies and their progressive healing and growing...

Love,
Moni

The Michaels' Quads said...

I love the picture of Eva blow drying her hair. What a cutie!!!
Your angels are doing a great job gaining weight!!! Way to go!! We will continue to pray for healthy babies!!

Love,
The Michaels Quads

Stephanie said...

Wow..what an amazing post! I love the pics of Eva..too cute!!
Sounds like you are all doing good!
Great pics of all the babies too!

The Shumards said...

Happy Birthday Trever! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party, all of our kids came down with a cold Monday.
Your little ones look so good and we are so happy that all of them are doing so well. We love you guys.

The Cochran Crew said...

Glad they are doing well! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Carol said...

My Daughter in-Law Ashley sent me your link, we pray for your family and the sweet little babies everyday, I could not believe how eva has gotten... you all look wonderful! take care we love you

Carol,Reed,and Rylee

Niki said...

Hi!

I found your blog by following links on other blogs. I just wanted to encourage you because I had my own micro preemie (1lb 10oz) just over a year ago and she's doing GREAT today. We had a lot of scares but it all worked out.

Anonymous said...

They are all growing so well!!! I'm so proud of our little babies, and Eva couldn't look any cuter! I love you guys, give me a call if you need anything i can help with! -Aunt Brittany :)

matthewandsherihanson said...

Jenna, Wow! You are amazing! I can not believe that you went from 1 kid to 5! They are all beautiful. Congrats!

Sheri

Alisha said...

I'm glad everything is going so well. Pneumonia in preemies is scary sounding! I'm glad they are taking every precaution possible. Eva is just too cute!

The Ballard's said...

Happy B-day Trever! I just wanted to say that I am so happy that the babies are doing so well. The first thing i thought when I saw your new pics was how healthy they look. Awesome Color and that they are getting some fat on them. A great sign that they are on their way home.
Erika

Hales Family said...

Each of the quads look SO good! I am so happy that Madelyn is doing better.

Keep up the good work! Give them all squeezes for me... I'm sending love your way!