Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Scary Update...and Nursery Pics for Fun!

Well it has been a pretty scary week! Both Madelyn and Preston have MRSA which is a Staph Infection. It is a really scary infection because it is extremely resistant to antibiotics and if it enters into the bloodstream it will probably be fatal. It is really upsetting because MRSA is not a bacteria the body just creates, it was actually given to them by someone or something. Also, baby Madelyn is fighting pneumonia as well along with Dahlia and Parker! Amazingly, the babies are all doing so well on their ventilator settings and seem to be relatively unaffected by these mean bacterias!

Preston's kidney function hasnt been to well but it is getting better. This morning they did an ultrasound on his kidneys to make sure they looked OK, and they did. The only thing they saw wrong was a narrowing of a vein going into the kidney so they were going to do another scan to check on that!

The doctors are hoping to be able to wean them off of the ventilators in the next couple of weeks. Their heart murmurs have been coming and going which could mean their PDAs are still there (where a valve in the heart isnt completely closed). The doctors dont seem too concerned at this point.

Please keep us in your prayers. Especially so that this MSRA does not spread into the blood stream! We love you all!

Sorry some of these pics are so blurry and dark!

Baby Madelyn





Baby Preston






Baby Parker






Baby Dahlia







Mommy and Daddy



Dahlia and Madelyn's Room












Preston and Parker's Room











30 comments:

jag said...

The babies' rooms are so fun! Way to go! I just can't get over how much the babies have changed. We will continue to pray about the infections. Thanks for the update.

Joni said...

King Family,
Wow! You have all been through SOO much in the last few weeks. What a strong family you all are! I have been following your blog since you started it up, and am praying and will continue to pray for your wonderful family. I have faith that all will turn out alright in the end. I know that someday you will be brining ALL 4 of your lil' bundles of joy home with you and I can't wait for that day. God Bless each and every one of you. In my prayers in the cold tundra of MN!
Joni

Emily said...

I'll be keeping your family and your precious babies in my thoughts. They've gotten so big and the nurseries are adorable! Best to all of you.. and no yucky blood infections.

Kristi said...

I am praying for you and your babies. I love the rooms. They are so cute and fun.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am praying for you and your strong four! I know they will get through all of this. NICU is a huge rollercoaster ride and it is so hard. You will be so happy when they are out!!
LOVE YOU AND LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO!!

The Buckley Family said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the babies. I know firsthand how scary those NICU days can be. I think Christina K. mentioned me to you, I am the mom of 26 week triplets (g/g/b) born on 7/17/07. If you ever want to e-mail me or call about anything, feel free.

Jamie

Unknown said...

the nurseries look awesome! I'm keeping ya'll in my prayers. hope your babies can fight those infections! Good luck!

Misty said...

Jenna,
I am so sorry to hear of the MRSA infection! We went thru it with JuJu. If you need anything or have any questions, please let me know! I'll try and email you!
Misty
MOM to gggg quads

A n T said...

Awh...love the nursery pics. Prayers going up for all babies that they will fight these infections and will be healed completely from them!

The Ballard's said...

We are praying for their continued progress. We love you guys.
Erika, Jason, Shelby, and Bennett

Anonymous said...

I hope that all the babies recover soon and don't have any lasting effects! The bedrooms are adorable! How did you do them? Are the polka dots appliques or are the painted on? Did you paint the beach scene or hire someone? I wish I were that creative for my son's nursery! It is definetly something they can all grow in to!

The Cochran Crew said...

Holy Cow, their rooms are GORGEOUS!!! I want to come live at your house! Better yet, when we get done building will you come decorate for us? With such beautiful babies, they deserve those beautiful rooms!! You are all in our prayers!
Love from MS!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,

I've posted to you before on both here and on FF as a "lurker" and just wanted you to know that I continue to pray for your little miracles every single day. I will pray extra hard about the infections going on.

Those nurseries are absolutely the cutest room I have EVER seen...seriously! Did you design them? Who did the painting?

God Bless You!

Cathy

Stephanie said...

Seriously..those are the cutest rooms I have ever seen! WOW!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about the babies struggling...they are in Gods hands and are going to be just fine. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!!

Four babies 4 us said...

You are all in my prayers. I'll be praying for the babies health as well as for Mom and Dad to have strength to handle the challenges. I remember being on my knees many, many times when my own babies were in the NICU. My heart is with you as you navigate such a rough time.
I must say that those nurseries are the cutest I've ever seen! I think the only thing that could make them cuter would be to have the babies in them!
Hang in there,
Michelle

Alisha said...

I love the babies rooms! The zevra print is awesome! I hope all the babies get better soon. They are going through so much right now, but with so many prayers being sent their way, they will get through it, and you will too.

Vicki said...

Hi Jenna! I'm Vicki, 27 weeks pregnant with triplets, from Dr. Herzog's office. I've been following your blog with great interest. I just want you to know that we think about you and the babies every day and are praying for their health. I can't even imagine what you're going through. All the babies are beautiful and so precious. Hang in there and let us know how we can help. I am doing well but on bedrest at home.

Lainey-Paney said...

I am not sure the nurseries could possibly BE any cuter!

Praying for your little ones!!!

:)

Jac Tubre said...

Hi Guys! Tyger (our smallest) got a MRSA infection as well. I think infections are just part of the NICU experience. If it was up to me the Big Guy upstairs could just remove that part, but hey, what do I know? :)

Praying for speedy recoveries!

I LOVE the nursery...times 2!

Jac

Stephanie said...

We are praying for you and your sweet babies. Don't be afraid to ban any and all visitors. Everyone understands.

Moni Graf said...

Prayers going out from KS for your precious crew. I hope they begin recovering soon and the weaning from the vents is successful.

Those nurseries are incredible! They should be on a home design show. I bet Eva just LOVES going in them to look around. Is her room as adorable as the babies'? How do you do it, girl?

Love,
Moni

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry guys! They are such fighters, they have been through so much and have beaten so many odds! They can fight this! They look so much bigger, and chunkier now, its so cute! Love the rooms!

The Rockin' I's said...

Continued prayers for you all on your journey for strength and healing.
And their rooms are really cool!

Jenn K said...

Love Love Love the babies rooms! They are getting so big...love Preston's little cheeks. Keep on hanging in there, you guys are doing great. You are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Quad Mama Misty passed your info along to me, an Austin mom of BBB triplets. We're praying for your sweet little babies!

Anonymous said...

The kids are getting so big! I will continue to keep them in my prayers! Their rooms are amazing! I love them! My daughter had a PDA and she had it fixed and is doing great.

Carol said...

the babies are changing with each photo I look at, we will continue to pray for their bodies to be strong and keep on fighting the infection. Make sure to take care of one another and hold on tight to each other and to your faith.
We love ya
Carol

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what fun rooms! i will keep the babies in my prayers.

Nix said...

I love the rooms, they are really gorgeous.

I'll be praying for your little ones, infections are scary in the NICU. Remember one day at a time!

Anonymous said...

Jenna! You and your family is definitely in my prayers! I just know all the babies are going to make it through it ok. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nurseries! The girls room is almost exactly how I picture our nursery when we have a little girl. Anyways hang in there and yall are in my prayers. I love you!