My heart is so broken right now for my little baby Preston. Yes, the above 2 pictures are pictures of my little sweet Preston. He should be the same size as the other 3. Right now he is in kidney failure. His little kidneys are very sick and he is retaining tons of fluid. The doctors say it is a cause for big concern. In fact, if his kidneys do not begin to work correctly again very soon, he will pass away in 3 to 4 weeks maximum. It kills me to think that if he doesnt start peeing soon, he will just keep ballooning until his other organs shut down. He currently weighs 3 pounds 8 ounces. He probably has one full pound of fluid trapped inside of his body! Our next biggest baby is only 2 pounds 6 ounces.
This pain and heartache is terrible. To think that I may not be able to raise this beautiful baby kills me inside. What I would give to still have him safe inside of me still. I know I have asked for so many prayers,but if you could please take a moment to say one especially for his tiny body, my family would be so greatful...
To make matters worse, Madelyn and Parker went into heart surgery last night to fix their PDAs. It was a very emotionally tough day. The surgery's went well and both of the babies are still under anesthesia. They should be waking up today. We hope better days are coming very very soon.....
139 comments:
You guys are definitely in our prayers!!! We hope little Preston pulls through and gets healthy very soon!
Love,
The Hardys
I will pray for you all and ask my blog readers for special prayers for Preston.
Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I'm thinking about you and your family. We will be praying that little Preston will have a turn around soon.
Big hugs, Sandy
Oh Jenna and Trever, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I wish we could all make it better for your family. Those pictures of Preston break my heart. Just know many people are praying and fasting for your sweet family. We love you guys, your faith will keep you strong!
Jenna - I am praying so hard for your family.
- Tracy (gehlby)
My heart goes out to you and your family. We will continue to pray for you guys, and say a special prayer for little Parker. Much Love.
I mean Preston, sorry!
You don't know me - but that doesn't matter. I have followed your blog for sometime (linked from other multiples blogs) and have carryed a prayer in my heart for you and your family. I will continue to carry that prayer for as long as necessary.
Our prayers are with you all. (((Hugs)))
I found your blog from someone else's and wanted to stop by and let you know that we are sending lots and lots of prayers your way! We are praying for each and every one of you!
the Caldwell Crew
I said a prayer and will be thinking of you guys. Even with a child in and out of the hospital with various illnesses I haven't come close to going through what you and your family are.
May God be with you
~
De-lurking from SD
Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him...Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.
Hebrews 10:22-25
Prayers are with you!
I am praying....I can only imagine what you are going through. Kami Crisanti
You're now on the Seattle Temple Prayer Roll List. I pray Heavenly Father will work miracles and have all 4 of your darling babies coming safely home in a few months!
Sweet little Preston....it breaks my heart also. We will definitely pray for a total recovery soon. Glad to hear the other two came through heart surgery just fine. We're praying and thinking about you and especially Preston right now.
Oh, Jenna. My heart breaks just reading this. I can't imagine the roller coaster you are on. Your babies are in God's hands. He knows them personally and loves them. They have a purpose here on the earth. I pray that God's will be done and that your family is strengthened and comforted during this time.
Jenna,
My prayers are with you! I send you huge hugs and will tell you that JuJu also had MRSA and we faced some of what you are now. Trust me when I say prayers work & miracles happen. I live with one and am in awe of it everyday.
HUGS and Love,
Misty
My heart and prayers are going out to you. Stay strong for your children and we'll all pray that God has great plans for Preston here on Earth.
Love from KS,
Moni
sending positive vibes to preston!!!!
My heart is breaking for you and with you. Preston I'll be praying so hard for you. I cant fight back my tears. I think of you all everyday. God Bless you all and I pray God keeps Preston and your other babies safely here on Earth.
We are praying for little Preston (your whole family).
I too have been following your blog for a few weeks now and wanted to stop in to say I'm praying so hard for your precious baby boy. May God give full healing to his tiny body and hold him in His arms closely!
Lots of love and prayers, Dawn. (BC Canada)
Our prayers are with you and your little Preston!
Oh Jenna....I will be praying for your entire family...especially Preston. You are so strong and a wonderful mommy. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))
Love,
Kelly (kellyf2626 J07)
PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh My! Bless your hearts! Please know that ALL of Wylie is praying for you right now. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. I pray you find comfort and peace that the Lord with bring you through this ordeal!
I am so very sorry that you are on the emotional journey. I've been keeping up with your story on FF for quite some time. I hope and pray for full and speedy recoveries for every one of your special babies. Your strength and courage is to be admired.
Warm Wishes,
Erin
Know that prayers are being sent for all of your babies from us too, but especially for little Preston.
Wishing you strength and peace. And much health for your 4 beautiful babies.
The Brooks Family
From one Mom to another, I wish Preston COMPLETE healing here on Earth. Sending you a hug with some calm days ahead.
Best of luck and continue to be strong for Preston.
I hope that the PDA surgeries were a complete success and positive results can lighten your concern.
Lots of love from a Mom of one single baby to a mother of five. You have amazing strength inside of you...
Stacy
You don't know me. I am just a *lurker* from Germany.
I will keep little Preston and your family in my prayers.
Jutta, Solingen, Germany
former Coconut Creek, FL resident
I found your blog through another blog, but have been praying and will continue to pray for all the babies, but especially Preston right now.
oh, jenna, i am sooo sorry! as always, you & your precious family are in our prayers!
KEEP THE FAITH!!!
I am sending my positive energy to you all. I know what it's like to see your baby swollen with fluid, it is so hard. I will be sending his body "release the fluid" vibes - I know when we saw lots of pee (with the help of meds, which I'm sure your drs are working on) it was such a relief. I hope this happens soon, and that his kidneys recover. Believe it can - never lose hope! Hugs-
Jenny (ferfischer - with Cici)
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God bless you all.
I am so sorry for what you are facing with your little ones. All you can do really is turn it over to the Lord, like you have done. We will be praying for your family!
King Family, I found your blog through a FF forum, and I am continually praying for you and your precious family. I wish you the best.
My heart is breaking for you all right now. Please know Preston (and the rest of the Kings) are in my prayers.
Thank you for opening up and sharing your life during these tough times..God is good though.
I found your blog from another multiples blog and have been following your journey. My heart is breaking with you as I pray and cry out to the Lord for little Preston. I will continue to do so until I read that his kidney function has been healed.
Yours in prayer,
RuthMarie (Mama to one sweet little boy of her own)
I will add little Preston to my prayers (and your other precious babies as well).
Hi there -
I am Carol Swallow's daughter-in-law and just wanted to let you know that your family is in my prayers. I hope you continue to be strong and may your faith and support will get you guys through this time.
Hi, Michelle Smith's sister-in-law again. I live here in McKinney--She said you're some place around here. My twins were born at 27 weeks--and my heart knows all too well the road you're traveling. If you ever want a big hug from someone who's kinda been there, please let me know. My prayers are with you! Teddi Martin teddiebs@gmail.com
My heart aches for all your little ones, and especially Preston at this time. Our prayers are with you and your precious babies.
My prayers are with each of you...for continued strength of you and your husband, for health and safety of your four precious babies and for understanding for Eva (as I'm sure she is still adjusting).
I cannot imagine the vast range of emotions you must be feeling.
God be with you.
We are praying extra hard for you you guys, and I will also do a blog post about it
My prayers are with your family! Hang in there! Stay Strong, your babies need you strong!
Hi There, You dont know me, but I wanted to let you know that I will pray for your sweet little Preston. I am expecting quads myself and have been hospitalized at 17 weeks for complications. I am feeling the power of prayer, and somehow I am still feeling positive. I will pray for Preston and for the rest of your family.
Lauren
We're all prayin' and fasting for you and your babies. Seminary's joining in and so is everyone at mutual, kids and leaders alike. They've seen pics and said to tell you how beautiful they are. I'll see you soon!
Love from the little sistas!
<3 Mariah
We are praying so HARD for you. We love you. I can not stop thinking about you. Preston is a BEAUTIFUL baby boy.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
The DeMaria Quads
i just found your blog but i'll pray for you all. God bless.
I know that you do not know me one of my friends who has quads shared you blog site which I hope is okay. We will keep your sweet little Preston in our prayers. Having been a mom of preemies (4) and having to say goodbye to one of them my heart aches and pleads for comfort and the best for your family. May the Lord bless and keep you!!!
Jenna and Trever I just want to give you a hug and tell you how much we love you and your family. The Lord is aware of you at this difficult time and know that He loves you. You and Eva and your little ones are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything to help you.
Much love from the Shumards
You don't know me. I don't know where I found this blog, but I've been cheering you on and now am praying for healing on this Earth for Preston and continued strength for all.
I check your blog daily and pray over the babies pictures each day. Thinking of you in your time of need.
(I found you through Steece's Pieces or Gerwer Quads but haven't commented before today.)
Praying for your sweet baby boy Preston as well as all your other little bundles of love.
Praying for you and your family in this difficult time. One preterm baby to worry about is too much, let alone 4!
I have been following your blog and just wanted to let you know that you and your beautiful family are in my prayers.
-Cecilia
I so sorry to hear that things are not going well with Preston, You are in my prayers and I will say a extra one for him tonight!!
We are praying for you guys, and hope that Preston recovers quickly.
Tom & Coreen Barlow
First of all, my prayers are with your family, and with Preston especially.
I thought you'd be interested in an article about a little girl in my area (South Bend, IN) who was in kidney failure soon after birth. She has become the youngest baby to receive dialysis in the state, and is now almost one and awaiting a kidney transplant. http://southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090118/News01/901180304/1130/Sports01une.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090118/News01/901180304/1130/Sports01
Remember there are always more opinions and options on the care of your precious Preston, and it's okay to question or challenge the doctors. All my wishes for a full recovery, Laurie
Jenna,
My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you and your family. Our Johnathan was also puffed like that for some time due an infection but he did fight thru against all odds, just know that it can happen! We also had PDA ligation for Johnathan and Madelyn, I pray that your Madelyn and Parker heal easily from their surgeries. These times are unlike what most parents ever experience, let alone how it is for higher order multiples. Hang tight and stay strong as a family, you will need it to get thru it all.
Jamie
Know that we, your whole family are with you and love you all. Continued prayers for each and every one of you. G, R, and I are wrapping our arms around you now, big hugs.
Praying for you!!!!!!!!!
ande malinowski age 13
Angel Gracie's FAVORITE sister, and Angel Natalie's BFFL!
www.colesfoundation.com
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
Praying hard for all the babies, especially little Preston.
Jac & Crew
Just wanted to stop and tell you that I said a prayer for Preston and for your whole family. I have been following your blog for a while and I will ask for prayers for you all.
Although I don't know you personally, your story touched me. I am currently pregnant with quads and do not know what my future will hold. I will be praying for your family and especially Preston at this hard time.
I don't know you, but I am friends with someone who does and has asked for prayer for you and your little ones. I am touched by your little Preston, because that is also my son's name. I pray with all my heart that the Lord above will bless you and your family and help your little ones. I pray that the Lord will touch your babies and help them heal. I pray this all in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior! AMEN
My heart ached as I read your note today, Life is so fragile all of you are in our prayers, for strength and faith in our Savior to give you both comfort knowing that he is there with your family every step of the way
love you all
Carol
I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been and will continue to pray for your family..
So sorry for what you all are having to go through. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Prayers going out to your babies and especially for little Preston. May his kidney function be restored soon. With loving thoughts and prayers to your beautiful family.
Love, Amy
I am praying for you and Preston and everyone for that matter. i am so sorry Jenna. Stay positive!
Is there anything i can do? I am sorry i have been so out of touch (i was at phop for myself last night). But i am here if you need to talk! LOVE YOU
Praying
Jenna,
You are so loved and prayed for. Know that God is very much aware of you and your situation, even if it seems it is the darkest night and there isn't a single star
I'm a friend of Kami Crisanti (a fellow quad mom) and I've been following your blog through her. My heart is breaking for you guys with all of the struggles going on right now. I just want to let you know that I am praying for your family! Praying that our God of all comfort will carry you through the next days, weeks, and months! Praying for all of your babies to grow healthy and strong. Praying that God will cause Preston's kidneys to function as He intended!
Lindsey Kendall
You and your family will be in my prayers!
Andrea
I found you through another blog--your story brought me to tears and I am praying for your family in this very difficult and stressful time! I pray that you will be covered with peace and comfort, and that your babies, especially Preston, will be healed.
You don't know me but I found your blog from a friends and I just want you to know that you are truly in my prayers and just know that Heavenly Father is watching out for your family. I hope that Preston's kidneys start functioning properly very soon.
Jennifer Rogers
I've been reading this site since the babies were born and I will definitely be praying for you all especially Preston.
Vanessa
You are in our prayers. I cannot imagine what you are feeling. I hope it helps to know that so many of us have you in our thoughts! God bless your family!
You and your family are in our families thoughts and prayers.
A friend sent me the link to your blog and I am pulling for all the babies, but especially Preston. Congrats to you on the birth -- they are amazingly strong.
I, too, had a cerclage with both my pregnancies, so I know what that's like. I will be thinking of your family and checking for updates.
Little Preston is in our thoughts and prayers and we will ask all our friends and family to pray for him as well.
The Carney's, LA
I'm praying for all your sweet little babies!
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!!
I am friends of the Grafs and also a mother of multiples. Our family is praying from Kansas that your sweet baby Preston makes a complete recovery.
Crystal Hanson
Praying for your family and especially Preston. My heart goes out to you. HUGS, HUGS & more HUGS!
Your family are in our prayers. I am a LDS mom with seven children. Six of them are five years old. I had a set of GGGBB quints and we adopted a baby girl. Then I later had another little boy. I know how scary and heartbreaking this time is for you. My heart goes to you all. It's hard to realize why things happen but through Heavenly Father things are made right. It took me awhile until I learned this great lesson and watching my daughter on a vent fighting for her life. The thought of not having her in my life was so hard to comprehend. I pray for little Preston and for all those that hold him close in their hearts.
Your family are in our prayers. I am a LDS mom with seven children. Six of them are five years old. I had a set of GGGBB quints and we adopted a baby girl. Then I later had another little boy. I know how scary and heartbreaking this time is for you. My heart goes to you all. It's hard to realize why things happen but through Heavenly Father things are made right. It took me awhile until I learned this great lesson and watching my daughter on a vent fighting for her life. The thought of not having her in my life was so hard to comprehend. I pray for little Preston and for all those that hold him close in their hearts.
We are praying SO HARD for you!
Praying for Preston!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious quads. I hope tomorrow and the days to come are much better for ya'll!
My god be with you. I will pray.
Just posting a comment to let you know that we are continuing to pray for precious Preston. I hope his body starts to heal. I have been checking in to see if there have been any posts.
I hope that you are able to have peace and comfort.
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I found your blog via another quad blog. From reading your blog you and husband are doing a WONDERFUL job. Keep holding on to hope.
ps your babies are just too sweet to look at! congrats!
Praying for you and your family.
I will certainly keep your precious Preston in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your other beautiful babies.
May the Lord heal their tiny bodies.
I am so sorry that you have to go through all this; I'm praying for your little ones. I had twins at 29 weeks, and I know how hard the NICU stay was, even without the complications you're facing. I pray for strength and peace for you as well as health and strength for your babies.
Praying for your family and all your babies, especially little Preston.
Hugs,
Michele
I'm so sorry! Your 4 children are so beautiful and they will all be in my prayers, especially Preston. God bless you!
-We are lifting up your beautiful children to God and asking for healing and growth. We will continue to pray, especially for baby Preston.
I found your blog through Steece's Pieces. Your babies, especially Preson, are in our prayers. Stay strong.
Prayers from Paris, TX.
praying very hard for all the babies, especially preston. my heart hurts for you but i have faith that God has great things in store for all of you!!
They are all just gorgous!! Im praying for all 4 and praying really really hard for sweet Preston!!
Praying for you from South Africa.
My prayers go out to you and your family.
a friend forwarded me your most recent post. I am praying for you and your family right now. Especially Preston!
There is nothing to say that is really very comforting, but you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
If the worst should come, I know that the two of our quads that we lost are waiting to welcome him there.
i will certainly be praying for these little ones. we will lift them up all day. God bless your little ones and mama and daddy.
Lifting you and your babies up in prayer! I will especially pray for Preston's kidneys to heal!
Stopping over from Steece's Pieces. I'll defintely be praying for your little ones!
Praying for sweet Preston; for the Lord to protect him and give him strength to get through this!
My prayers are with your whole family. I hope with all my heart that little Preston pulls though!
praying
Praying for your sweet little baby...Psalm 91...REST in the shadow of the Almighty God..there is nothing he can't handle!
You don't know me but I am delurking after following your story to say I am truly sorry for the hardship you are experiencing and little Preston is in my thoughts and hear at this time. I am not Christian though I am religious (Pagan) and I have said my own kind of prayer and will continue to hope and wish for your family's health and strength at this time.
Your seem to be wonderful people and I have faith that you can make it through this teribly hard time.
I have linked your blog to mine in a post asking for prayers for your little guy. I am praying so hard for him.
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24
Let us start praising God for his healing instead of asking for it. Let's believe he is being healed right now!!!! Hold on tight to him!
Sending up prayers for your precious little babies, and especially Preston. May God's healing hand be on them in the coming days and weeks so that they may grow and thrive and come home to you very soon. I also pray for God to fill you with peace and grace at this very trying time.
Found you from the Steece family - I'll be keeping your sweet babies in my prayers - especially your Preston. Don't give up and keep on fighting. You are great parents.
Just said a prayer for Preston, Madelyn and Parker....I will keep praying! Stay strong and know that God's arms are wrapped around you and will get yall thru it all.
I am praying for Preston to heal and for all of you to feel strength and comfort.
I came across your blog and want you to know that sweet Preston will be in my prayers. I pray that God will take care of him and make him better quickly!!
Hugs to all of you... I admire your strength SO MUCH!
Emily
My heart is breaking for you! Your whole family and especially Baby Preston are in my prayers.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
I came here from the Steece's website and i just wanted to let you know that I will lift your family up in prayer today. Your babies are precious. I have been in situation that is somewhat similiar to yours..I had two babies though not 4! Unfortunately my daughter Grace was born without kidneys or a bladder. The time we had with her was precious though. My hope is that Preston's kidneys kick in and start pumping. Babies are resilient it is amazing what they can do. If you would like to know more or just need to talk with someone who has been in a similiar situation please email me... julierolf@aol.com. Many blessings to you.
Julie Rolf
I found your blog through the Steece's blog. I will be lifting your family and those precious babies up in prayer. I have been through a situation that is similiar to your..I had 2 babies though! My daughter Grace was born without kidneys or a bladder. Unfortunately there was no treatment but we had her with us for 7 perfect days. My hope is that Preston's kidneys kick in and start pumping. Babies are resilient and such fighters. If you need someone to talk to please email me... julierolf@aol.com.
Julie Rolf
I just prayed in front of my computer for healing and peace for your family. God Bless You. Psalm 121
I found your blog through Steece's Pieces. My friend's grandbaby went into kidney failure a day or two after she was born (27 weeks, 2#2oz.) people prayed and they started working again within days. Also, we were told my injured brother (39) would be on dialysis the rest of his life. His kidneys started working after 2 or 3 weeks. Just wanted you to be encouraged. So many are praying for your children.
I can't even begin to understand your hurt right now.
All four of your beautiful babies will be in my prayers!
I am so very sorry that your little babies are going through this. Especially little Preston. I believe in miracles and believe in the power of prayer. I will be praying for him and will pass your blog on.
Praying for you guys...
Praying for little Preston. You all will be in my thoughts.
My heart is broken for your sweet baby Preston...I am praying mightily for Preston and I will ask my church family to pray for him too. May God just heal his kidneys and get them working again. May God embrace and care for your precious family during this time.
I am praying for baby Preston and all three of your precious babies as I type this. May God bless your family.
You are in our prayers, and we're so sorry for what you're all going through. We're praying for pee and lots of it!
Tanya
I know I do not know you, but I just said a prayer for you, your family, Preston, and the other littles. Praying that God, who is the Great Physician, will lay His mighty hand on Preston's sweet body.
I do not know you, but I will be lifting you and your family up in my prayers. I pray for complete healing for your precious babies. I also pray for strenght for you and your husband as you go through these trials. May you feel His presence!
found your blog through the Steece's blog. Just wanted to send my prayers and deepest concern for your family in such a tough time.
I pray that God holds your hands and helps you all get through this.
Thinking of you all everyday. I wish you didn't have to go through all of this. We are praying that Preston and his brother and sisters keep strong and that you are all ok to get to the NICU as soon as possible to be with your precious 4.
Hugs
Emily/UK from FF
Post a Comment