Hello everyone...this is Trever..the proud father to these babies. I wanted to update the blog really quick to give everyone an idea of how our family is doing. Here is a recap of the events of yesterday, Dec 30, 2008.
Yesterday morning Jenna had an appt with Dr. Albert(her high risk doc) for another routine appointment. He did a sonogram and checked all the babies and they all looked perfect. During this time we were sure we would be able to go back home since everything looked so good. Then he did a vaginal ultrasound to check Jenna's cervical length. He was very quiet as he did this and we got worried. Even by my own eyes I could tell that things didn't look right. He then told us that Jenna's bag of waters was bulging through her cervix and was in her vaginal canal....in particular it was Dahlia's bag of water. The bag of water had found the point of least resistance and decided to stretch the cerclage causing her to dilate. As you can guess, we were shocked as this was not one of the possible problems that we had ever discussed.
So they then admitted Jenna until the babies were born. By the time we got to L&D, Jenna was having contractions that were coming every two minutes. Luckily, after about 3 shots of terbutaline, the contractions stopped. Jenna was in much pain and discomfort from the catheter that they placed....and that made things even more difficult as the meds made her heart race and body shake. They decided that they would give her pain meds to calm down and hopefully relax. Jenna became relaxed and we were once again optimistic about carrying the babies to 28 weeks. By about 7pm, Jenna's contractions were coming every 2 minutes and were pretty painful. They were definitely the kind of contractions that would cause her to dilate...and keep in mind that her cervix was already at 1cm. They were able to control those contractions with more terbutaline and Jenna was getting some rest. After Eva and my mom left for the evening, at around 8:30 I stepped out of the room to give Jenna some privacy as she was going to use the restroom. Soon after I left, Jenna felt what she thought was a small water ball right inside her vagina. About this time, the nurse walked back in the room and Jenna told her that she felt like the catheter had slid out of place. Much to her surprise and shock, the nurse said is was Dahlia's bag of water and the babies needed to be delivered right away.
There was much screaming and shouting in Jenna's room as nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, techs, and anesthesia were all scrambling to get to the OR. They were trying to calm Jenna down as she was hysterical and extremely scared. They wanted to move fast so the bag of waters wouldn't brake. Since it was such an emergency, they wouldn't let me go into the OR. I felt sick, scared, excited, and calm all at the same time......very euphoric!
So as the delivery took place I was in the hallway and nurses would occasionally stick their heads out to let me know how things were going. After about 30 mins, they began to cart the babies to the NICU. I was able to see Dahlia and Parker but they took Madelyn and Preston to the NICU via the backdoor and I was unable to see them right away. As of this time, all the babies had good vitals, good body color, and two of them even tried to breathe on their own---very huge for such a young age. After another 30 minutes or so, they brought Jenna out of the OR and into recovery. She was good, just scared still. I was able to stay with her for an hour before the babies were stable enough for me to go see them and take pictures. After another 4 hours Jenna was feeling well enough to go down to the NICU and see the babies too! We have pictures but no USB cable to upload them so I will try to get home tonight and get the cable so you all can see our gorgeous little blessings. We are so very much in love and cannot wait for Eva to meet you brothers and sisters. We love them all so much individually. It makes us love Eva even more knowing that these babies chose to come to not only us, but also to her. Thank you to all of our family and friends for your concern, thoughts, prayers, and calls.
Here are the specs for each of the babies:
Dahlia-1lb 11oz, 12 in
Preston-1lb 12oz, 13 in
Parker- 1lb 10oz, 12.5in
Madelyn- 1lb 9oz, 11in
As of the time of this post, they are all breathing room air with the assistance of ventilators. The boys are taking meds to help control their blood pressure but they say that is to be expected for a 25 week baby. The next 4-5 days are huge and will give us a better idea of the real expectations for each of them.
Thank you again for your prayers on our behalf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
33 comments:
Congratulations!
Congrats to you and your family. I am praying for continued recovery and health for all.
Jutta, Solingen, Germany
former Coconut Crrek, Fl resident
Congrats King family! Everyone will be in our prayers! I can't wait to meet the little ones!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!! I LOVE YOU AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU GUYS!! JENNA, honey, you did have done great and those babies are just as strong as you are!!
I cant wait to see you and please please please, let me know what i can do to help.
Congrats guys and congrats to little Eva for becoming a big sister four times over!
You guys are in our prayers! We can't wait to meet you precious new additions, Jenna, you did a spectacular job! Love you guys!
Congrats! What a great way to ring in the new year! Your family is in our prayers! (i found your blog through my friend Jenna (she is also a quad mom.. to the nuggets!)
Again.. Congratulations!
nicole
congratulations Jenna, Trevor and Eva. Welcome to the world babies x 4
x
congratulations to mom and dad on the birth of your little ones! great job mama - i hope you have a speedy recovery. a big congrats to the new big sister, Eva! and a huge welcome to the world for Dahlia, Preston, Parker & Madelyn! you are all in my thoughts and prayers!
What an amazing story - I'll be thinking of you all. Can't wait to meet you at a NewMom's meeting!
Congrats and good luck! Ya'll are in our prayers. Glad they all got here safely!
Congratulations! Prayers of strength & healing for all. Big hugs!
Congratulations Jenna, Trevor and Eva!
-Valerie (from July07Moms)
OMGosh! Congratulations!
What a HUGE blessing that they are doing so well.
Will continue to pray for your babies .
Happy New year!
Congratulations! Sounds like things are going well and I'm sure you'll have your precious babies home in no time! You will for sure be in our prayers (hope you don't mind if I solicit a few more prayers from my friends and neighbors too!)
And... here's the silver lining--you'll get to claim all of them on your taxes this year! LOL whew, just in the nick of time! I'm sure that should help with the diaper fund! Again, congrats!
Amy H. from FF
Congratulations! I can't even imagine what that must have been like. I'm so glad everything turned out as well as it did, and your family will continue to be in my prayers!
Congrats! You will continue to be in my prayers! Glad everyone is doing so well.
Congrats! You will continue to be in my prayers! Glad everyone is doing so well.
COngratulations! I am keeping all of you in my prayers!!!! Please Jenna, let me know if there is ANYTHING you need! We went thru it all in the NICU. Many blessings to all of you!
Misty
Congratulations! You and your family are in my prayers, especially the babies. I hope to hear MANY wonderful updates of your growing little ones.
I'm new to your blog - I found you through the McNulty Quads who I know through a mutual friend. Just wanted to say Congrats on the new babies. You and your little ones will be in my thoughts and prayers today. "Come what may, and love it!"
Danielle
Congrats you guys! Premie babies are fighters! Can' wait to see them and you are in our prayers!!!
your family is in my prays . wishing your family a great 2009.
a blogger quad adict in orlando fl
Your whole family is in my prayers!
Our son was a 1 pound 24 weeker at the presby Dallas NICU. His is now a VERY happy...smart..HEALTHY 2.5 year old!
Congratulations! We are praying for you and your new little ones.
Congratulations! Keeping your four little ones in my prayers.
Sending love and prayers your way/ God bless you and your precious little ones
Congratulations on your last minute tax deductions. My prayers are with the babies..
Congratulations King Family! Thinking and praying for you all.
Congratualtions, your family and sweet babies will be in my thoughts. I hope Jenna has a speedy recovery.
Congratulations! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
I have just read your blog for the 1st time. It brought back a lot of memories. My babies were born at 24 wks. My boys weighed 1 lb 3 oz, and My Daughter was 1 lb 3 oz. You have a long road ahead of you...I will be praying for you. Good Luck.
Shelly
I have been praying for you all! And I made your little button clickable on my page.
I remember finding out about you guys this just after I got out of the hospital (my quads were born 6 days before yours), and thinking how neat it was that you guys had a Dahlia, too!
Anyway, just read the latest on your babies and am so glad that they seem to be thriving. Can you believe we're all going on 10 months?? :) I am amazed that you can run a business and move to a different town while taking care of quads ... you are a superwoman!!
Post a Comment