Today we had our 23 week appointment with Dr. Albert! It was super! I am just so excited to share how it went. We were extremely nervous for this appointment because more than likely Dr. Albert will be the one to admit me if anything goes wrong. And with my cervix having had decreased a whole centimeter at last weeks appointment, we were really scared about what he would say.
So we had our ultrasound and it was perfect. The babies are all measuring normally. Here are the weights for the babies:
Dahlia- 1 lb 3oz
Preston- 1 lb 4oz
Parker- 1 lb 5 oz
Madelyn- 1 lb 1 oz
Trever was so excited that his boys were so big! The doctor said I am really growing these babies well because the biggest baby (Parker) is in the 77th percentile! Even Madelyn, the smallest baby, was in the 50th percentile. It is so neat to see the babies over a pound now.
So at every ultrasound, the cervix measurement is very last. So Trever and I's nerves never let up throughout the appointment. Last week my cervix was a 3.6 and this week it grew an entire centimeter and it was 4.6!!!! We are so glad! The doctor was shocked!
So then I asked my doctor how and when he would decide to admit me into the hospital. He told me that as long as I am doing well, my cervix looks good and I am able to maintain the same level of bed rest that I am now, he would let me stay at home! Whew! What a relief! It would be so nice if I could make it 5 more weeks at home. That would put me at 28 weeks when I am admitted and at that point the babies could arrive any time. I am so greatful for how the day has gone so far!
Some of our friends came over last night and are helping Trever build a bedroom in our 3rd bay in our 3 car garage. Since all three of our extra rooms are nurseries now, we really wanted to have a room for our guests. We are really excited about that, and so greatful to our friends who would take the time to help us! It really means so much!
Here are the pics of the babies from today!!!
Dahlia

Preston

Parker

Madelyn

7 comments:
Wow what wonderful news!!! Keep up the good work!!
I am so happy for you and hope you are able to be at home a while longer. Keep on growing!.
I can't believe you're this far along already! The babies look wonderful and I'm so so so happy to see that you and the beebs are well!
SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!! You are a machine woman, keep it up!! Up for a visit soon?
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work!
Keep up the good work Momma! I am so glad you found me! I LOVE your names...especially your last name :) You can do this...keep those precious little ones cooking!
I am so glad everything is going so well! I hope you get to stay home longer too. It looks like you will, fun stuff!
Post a Comment