Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I just love all 5 of my babies!

I just love love love all of my children! Each one of them are so unique and It is so amazing how I love them all the same! My love for them is so intense, I just CANNOT wait until the quads come home! It aches when I see them because I just want to hold them in my arms. They are looking more and more like newborns instead of preemies that should still be in my tummy! Once the babies are able to feed, maintain their own temperature (which they are doing), and breath on their own, they will be able to come home. The NICU staff says to count on my original due date which is mid April, but my fingers are crossed they will come home even earlier!

Next week I get to start working on nursing with Madelyn and Parker (since they are on the canula). I am so excited! I am so so so excited to hold them again! It has been three weeks since we have got to hold any of them since we had RSV in our home. And Preston still hasnt been able to be held! I cannot WAIT!


Dahlia
Dahlia is doing fantastic and we are very proud of her! We are hoping to get her on the CPAP machine by this weekend. She is definetly the touchiest of all of the babies! When we touch her she automatically desats! She is a very alert baby and is usually pretty easy to wake up when she hears our voice. She has very big pretty eyes and just loves to look around! She is such a honey, we love her so much and she reminds us so much of her big sister!


Preston
Our little man has been doing fabulous! I still often think about how swollen and bad his condition was just weeks ago! I cannot believe how much better he is today! His hair still is the lightest of the bunch! It definetly has a honey color to it! He just loves to hear our voices. The other night I got to give him a bath for the first time and that was amazing! He just loved it! I am so proud of how well he is doing! His ventilator settings are getting lower and lower and we are hoping to see him on the CPAP very soon! We get to start holding the babies again in a couple of days and I cannot wait to hold Preston for the very first time! Oh and Preston is no longer on any kind of antibiotics!!! YAY!!!


Parker
Wow! Our baby boy is doing so great! He was on the CPAP for a day and did pretty well but got kind of uncomfortable. He likes to lift his head (he is very strong) and the helmetness (if that is a word lol) stops him from being able to move around as much. So Amy (one of our wonderful primary nurses) talked the doctor into putting him on the nasal canula! He has been doing good on that and we are hoping to be able to keep him on that until he is able to breathe on his own. I felt so lucky because Amy let me hold him for a second and it was so amazing!







Madelyn
Madelyn is still our tiny little princess. She weighs 3 pounds 4ounces and the other quads are now reaching 4 pounds. She is still doing so well on the canula! She loves to grip our fingers and is a very alert baby. She is so beautiful and we love to look at her! I cannot believe how well she is doing for her small size!









Eva
Big sister Eva has now recovered from RSV and is 100%! She was such a trooper while she was sick. We will be taking her into the doctor to have her retested for the RSV just to make sure it is completely gone. I really cannot believe she is a big sister. She is still my baby too! I am so proud of her for the patience she has had while Trever and I have to come and go so often. She is awesome! She is loving having Aunt Mariah living with us!




21 comments:

The Ballard's said...

They all look so great Jenna! I have to agree with you, they all look like healthy babies and not preemies (except for all the stuff they are hooked to), but really I am so happy for ya'll.

the Forrest Diaries said...

I absolutely love this blog, how you wrote about each one and their personalities. You are such a wonderful mother those babies are so lucky to have you. Oh and I'm glad Eva is feeling better. Much love
Amy

Stephanie said...

They are all so beautiful!!
Glad to hear you will be able to hold them all very soon!!

Kirsten: said...

All of your kids are adorable!!!

Kirsten: said...

All of your kids are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled to hear that all the babies (and big sister Eva) are all doing so well. We love you guys and can't for them to go home! You are still in our thoughts and prayers everyday!

Anonymous said...

The kids sound like they are doing so great considering they were 25 weekers!!!! It will be mid-April before you know it. I'm so glad to see they are making progress.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for such strong babies...all FIVE of them. You are all amazing. You are in our continued prayers.

Cathy H. said...

I still continue to follow your blog daily and pray for you and your family. What an amazing family you have.....soooo blessed! I pray that the babies will get to go home before that April date!!!

Keep up the good work.....you're an amazing mama!

God Bless!

Cathy

Alisha said...

It is amazing that intense love that you feel. I remember not being able to hold the girls. Or even touch their little hands and feet, or rub their hair, because it was too stimulating. I hope you get to hold all of your babies very soon!
Dahlia sounds like she is going to be a very high spirited child. How sweet! Preston looks AMAZING! What a handsome little boy. I am so glad the nurse let you hold Parker for a second. Stuff like that really warms the soul. Madeline looks so precious, and weirdly enough,
reminds me SO much of my girls when they were in the NICU. I think it's the hair and eyes. Eva is so cute! She looks just like you!

http://theeadles.blogspot.com
http://thetuesdayfund.blogspot.com

Laura Marchant said...

I just love all that hair on all 5 of your babies!

Anonymous said...

They all look so good!! I hope and pray Parker stays on the cannula and Dahlia gets off the vent soon. The pics are awesome.. Eva is so adorable with those big blue eyes! What a heartbreaker! My e-mail is babynurse818@yahoo.com. See you soon
Amy

Mandie said...

They are going to look so very different by the time they get home. All filled out and no tubes covering their faces. So exciting!!!

debi9kids said...

AMAZING! Just amazing the miracles God is working in your family!
So so many prayers being answered.
Many blessings to your entire BEAUTIFUL family!

Jac Tubre said...

Lookin good!

Jac

Faye said...

THIS IS 5 LITTLE BLESSINGS FROM GOD!THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL JENNA. I AM ENJOYING YOUR BLOG SO MUCH.MAY YOU HAVE A VERY BLESSED EVENING!

gilloth/Edina said...

Five beautiful kids. Pls believe I MEAN it. And when I think of how Preston's condition got better I always have to think of the LORD.
Wish you all to coninue to get even better and bigger!

Audrey Talbot said...

You are the best woman. It wasn't chance that the Lord sent these babies to you. They are so blessed to have such a strong,mature and righteous woman as their mother. Facing all these little physical body bumps in the road at the beginning of their lives will be nothing when they develop strong and noble characters and personalities, which they inevitably will do with you as their mom. They are more blessed in the long run,than a thousand full term babies.

Anonymous said...

They are all doing so well! Only a couple more months and you will be able to bring them home! I am so happy for your family!

A n T said...

So glad to hear that all the babies are doing so well! They look amazing! Praise God!

Deborah said...

I am so happy to come to your blog and find the quads doing so well. Beautiful, beautiful babies.