Yesterday Preston had his heart surgery to close his PDA. He did very well and we are so so so glad he had it done because the doctor said it was very very large. Because of the surgery, he should start improving on his ventilator settings. Unfortunately, we have been exposed to RSV (moms of multiples you know how scary this is) and Eva woke up with congestion and a cough today. So we have not been able to see the babies and we were not able to see Preston when he woke up from his surgery today. We are very sad about that and we have decided to stay isolated as much as possible....
Little Parker got extubated yesterday and he is on the CPAP. He has not been doing too well on it and they might have to intubate him again. Today the doctor said he has a fever so he might have an infection as well. Dahlia's urine culture came back positive too so we think she has an infection. I am hoping we dont have another rough week ahead of us but we are praying so hard that they will all get better. Madelyn is doing very well on the nasal canula!
We appreciate all of your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am so glad that Preston's surgery went well. I am sorry to you've been exposed to RSV. We will keep you in our prayers.
My heart goes out to you! Those NICU days can be such a roller-coaster of emotions. We are all praying for you & your family! Many hugs!!!
I am so glad to hear the surgery went well! I wouldnt get to upset if Parker has to be put back on the vent, the same thing happened to my son Paxton he just wasnt ready:)
Continued prayers, strength, healing, peace. . .Thank you so much for keeping us updated!
So glad to hear that the surgery went so well! Sorry to hear about the RSV.
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Hope you can get back to the hospital to see your babies soon..RSV season is so hard. God bless!
I''m sorry you aren't able to be with your babies. I continue to pray for all of you.
Girl... We should talk... i need to be an ear to vent to for you...
I called today but it looks like you had a crazy day.
Dr. Goebel asked about you guys today and if yuo want to take eva to him or need someone to help with it, he is always there IMMEDIATLY and for sure would be for you guys. LOVE YOU AND PRAYING HARD!!
I am so glad Preston came out of this surgery well!!!
Way to go Madelyn! She's just showing off.
Great news about Preston's surgery. I hope you start seeing big improvements soon.
Praying for your whole crew and hope you're staying healthy.
Lots of love,
Moni
Im really happy to hear Preston is staying strong. I hope the same for your other babies as well. I know first hand how hard it is to get sick and not be able to go the NICU. Unfortunately we had 2 very serious illness while my twins were in and it just broke my heart. One time Austyn had small surgery procedure done and I couldnt be there. I was miserable and hurt and so sad. Hang in there your so strong. You all are in my prayers.
Hugs
xxxx
I think that staying isolated is probably the best idea... but hard. We are praying for you and putting your name in the temple as well. Hang in there... We love you
It's been nearly three years with our foursome and the NICU stay is still a time I will NEVER forget. It is SO hard, such a roller coaster ride. MY HEART IS WITH YOU!
Stay strong mama. You have all kinds of friends out here in bloggy land praying for you and your sweet babies.
All our love!
XOXO
Gen and Family
Jenna, it's Wendy from our April board on FF. I just want you to know that you are SUCH a strong mama--you have gone through SO MUCH for those little ones! I completely understand about the loss of what I call my "former life"--I did the bed rest thing for months (the last one in the hospital), and I can totally relate to that. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to ride the NICU roller coaster (I just joined the ride this week--it's a nightmare!). Hang in there, little ones! Take care of yourselves, mom and dad! Sending some "get well soon" thoughts to little Eva...
Hang in there King Family! So many prayers are going out to you right now! Jenna is one of the sweetest people I have ever come in contact with and it makes me sad to hear that she is struggling! Hang in there Jenna!
Post a Comment