Daddy holding Preston for the first time.
Mommy, Daddy and Preston
Madelyn getting her first swaddle bath.
Madelyn
Daddy and Dahlia
Parker
During this past week there have been some really awesome changes with the babies! First of all, all of the babies are now out of their isolettes and in cribs. Madelyn is in a big girl crib that full term newborns get put in, pretty much a plastic bin on wheels. The nurses are now playing lullabies for the babies! We went out and bought rattles because now we are working with each of the babies developmentally. We do stretches with them and work on their range of motion. We also get to bring in mobiles to put on their cribs for playtime! They will be bringing in swings and bouncy chairs for the babies too!
We are really moving into a new exciting phase now! The phase that entails getting the babies ready to come home. A couple of days ago I started nuzzling the babies to introduce them to breastfeeding. They were doing so well with that and actually were able to latch. Today was the first day I got to nurse! I will be nursing both Parker and Madelyn and when the other two babies get off of the ventilator, they can try it too! We also get to do pacifier dips. This is where we dip the pacifier in milk and then give it to them during their feed so they associate sucking with the feeling of being full.
3 days ago Dahlia tried the Si Pap. She lasted a little longer than a day but she was really uncomfortable. When we visited her that afternoon she was really upset and was crying and it really broke our hearts. So I decided to stay for a while and hold her and she calmed down pretty well. They reintubated her because her heart rate kept skyrocketing and she was getting really worn out. I am actually happy they did,because it was so hard to see her like that! We will try it again in a week!
Preston is doing fabulous! We are going to try to get him off the ventilator in the next day or two! He and all of his siblings are no longer on any antibiotics anymore! Trever and I got to hold him for the first time and it was really so amazing. I always knew that he was such a strong boy, but man he definitely has a very sturdy frame! He is such a little love bug and we could both tell he was loving being held!
Like I said in the title, we are really getting to see a glimpse of just how busy life is going to be. Between taking care of Eva, taking care of the house, going to work, pumping, holding the babies, nursing the babies, playing with the babies and going back and forth, we literally have zero time left over in the day. I cannot believe I actually have time to write this post! It is nice to sit for a quick second....
That being said, I have 20 minutes to take a shower and then we have to get back to the hospital so gotta jet! Love you all!
26 comments:
WOW! What an uplifting post! Continued prayers for all...
Jenna! I just love reading your updates!! It's good to hear how well they are doing and am so glad Eva is better. And those babies are adorable!
SO happy for you guys!! It will only get busier and busier, yet more fun and more fun!! You have all of our e-mail addresses, please don't hesitate to vent, scream, ask questions, whatever! We're here for you and your family! Much Love!
Melt my heart. I'm just so happy I'm crying tears of you joy for you and the babies. I just loved seeing you hold Preston (my favorite, I cant help myself,hehehehe) but I just love your love and of course it brings back all of our NICU time and so I know the fears and joys of everything your going through. I'm just so happy for you. God is watching over you all. I continue to watch your blog and never miss an update. Thanks for taking the time to share, it means so much to me to watch them grow and I'm so happy your nursing them, how amazing. I loved it and if you need to use a shield with their preemie mouth then do it, it really was the only way we could sustain good latches.Eventually both mine didnt need it anymore. ((Hugs))
Hi, I love reading your blog! Yay for baby Preston! I know you were dying to hold him! The babies are getting big! Glad to hear they are doing so well!
This is so fantastic to hear and see! Just amazing!
How wonderful that they are also moving into isolettes. Very exciting!
Congrats!
Awesome news! All 5 of your babies are looking great. I especially loved the pic of Madelyn doing her exercises. Too precious!
I'm with Sandra....just holler if you need anything. We've got a great group of quad mamas that are always willing to lend an ear (or eyes) and have lots of great tips and advice. And we LOVE to be used!
Love from KS,
Moni
Jenna...I am so happy for you! The babies look amazing. Sounds like things are really going well. You have an absolutely gorgeous family. (((hugs)))
Jenna! WoW! That is so awesome. They all look so great. We did those excercises with Bennett and to this day he can basically do the splits. They really do help loosen them up and grow. Can't wait to see those babies. Continued prayers for all of you.
Thanks for keeping us posted, I know you probably have a million other things that need to be done, but I know we enjoy seeing updates on the babies and you all as well! Big hugs to all!
Jenna - My name is Cami...Trevers sister, Brittany, dates my cousin David. She told me about the birth on New Years Eve and I have followed your blogs ever since. I am so glad to hear how well the babies are doing and glad Eva is well also. They are so adorable and I look forward to reading about their homecoming. God is Great!!
So glad to hear that all the babies are doing so well. They are getting so big. Thank you God!
Your babies are doing so well- They look great. It is so neat to see the pictures of you and Trever holding them. What an amazing experience I bet it was to hold Preston and then to be able to nurse your babies. We love you guys.
BEAUTIFUL parents with BEAUTIFUL babies!!! thanks for the update! you guys couldn't look any happier! ;)
Wow, I am so happy that you have now held them all, and you are getting closer to bringing them home. I guess once they are home you won't have even a spare second to post. :( But I hope you get to all come home soon.
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I hope you are doing well...maybe we'll see you soon.
Your babies are so adorable, I love reading your post and seeing how they are just getting stronger and stronger by the day!
God Bless,
Tiffany
Just thought I would post a tip since it is on my mind. Today is my baby's 13th birthday. On the day my kids were born and each birthday I keep the newspaper for them so they can look back someday and check out the headlines and car prices and other cool stuff.
kimybeee
I am so happy to read all of the updates! YEAH!!!! I will say that even with mine being 2, a shower is still hard to get some days!
So happy for you!!! I'll keep my prayers going!
We're so excited to see the babies so big and healthy. How exciting that they're progressing so well.
It is good to hear such great news. Our daughter was in the same pod as your babies for a couple weeks in January and we brought her home on Feb 17. While the workload at home has gotten heavier our lives are so much easier without making that trip to the hospital every day. We wish you all the best!!
I just thought I would mention that I have my pump set up at the computer so I have at least 20 minutes a few times a day/night to check emails and blogs, etc. It has been my few moments of quiet and relaxation from the insanity that is the life of a preemie mom.
Oh they are all so beautiful and precious! I will be praying for you all!
So glad you could post all the pictures of your cute babies. I am so glad they are looking so good. Been praying for your family since i leanrned of your delivery. will pray things keep going so good and the babies will be home soon
Wow Jenna! They look great! They will be home before you know it! Miss you, call me if you ever get a chance lol.
Trever and Jenna -
It has been a while since I checked your blog. How wonderful to have such encouraging news.
Barbara Murdock
Praise God!!! They are all so cute! I am so glad they will be home soon...have they got to meet big sister yet? I love seeing updates and the pics! Congrats again!!
Stephania~dancer41 on ff
Post a Comment