So little Preston has been having a rough last couple of days. Preston was scheduled to get his PDA heart surgery on Friday but that morning they called us and cancelled because they found gram positive rods in his blood. This means that the MRSA could have gotten in his blood, the very thing we have been so worried about. Also, we found out that he has a Grade 2 brain bleed. There is really not much we can do for that but hope it doesnt grow to Grade 3 or 4 (the worst).We will just continue to watch it and get another ultrasound in 3 to 4 weeks.The doctors and nurses say this shouldnt affect him developmentally so we will keep our fingers crossed! He has continued to pee and he is no longer swollen! The nurse said hopefully we will be able to hold him by the end of this week.. Today when I saw him we got some really great news that it was not the MRSA that got in his blood, it turns out it is Staph Epi (epidermis= skin) which is a bacteria that is alot easier to kill. We are so glad it is not the MRSA! His blood levels seem to show us that his little body is fighting the infections and that he is getting better!
Madelyn is doing AMAZING!!! Today she got off of CPAP and is now on Nasal Canula!! This pretty much means that she is breathing on her own she just gets a little bit of flow of oxygen to open up her lungs and remind her to breath. Its kind of like standing in front of a fan. She now weighs 2 pounds 9 ounces! She is going up on her feeds and tolerating them well!
Dahlia is doing very well too. We hope to get her on CPAP this week. Her and all of the babies will be getting an eye exam tomorrow so we are hoping all goes well with that! Dahlia hit 3 pounds exactly today! That definetly feels like another milestone!
Parker is doing fabulous as well! He will be put on the CPAP tomorrow after his eye exam. He weighs 2 pounds 10 ounces. He is our very active little boy. Its so cute because he always wrinkles his eyebrows!
We are so so so ready to have them home with us!!! I cannot wait for that day. We have been spending time catching up on sleep and getting our home ready. We cant wait for Eva to meet them!!! We are excited for Grandma and Grandpa Jones to get here on Friday!
We also want to thank the Young Women of Statesmanship Club for the blankets and onesies they brought us! You girls are so amazing! Thank you for thinking of us!
Madelyn on Nasal Canula
Preston sucking on his thumb.
18 comments:
Look at all tha beautiful hair! You continue to be in our prayers!!! Nasal Canula's here they come!!!!
I started following your blog a while back and have been praying for you ever since. Your babies are beautiful and seem to be doing really well! I have 28 week triplets who are 16 months now. Time goes by so fast. I know how hard it is to leave them in the NICU everyday, but they will be home before you know it!!!
I always look forward to your updates. Keeping you and your family covered in prayer!
Dear King Family,
I don't know you folks, but I stumbled upon a prayer request for your family on a Christian Mommies board I am a part of online.
I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for your LO's, especially little Preston over these past few weeks. Thank you so much for keeping us updated so that we can know how to pray specifically for these beautiful blessings. I didn't hardly recognize little Preston today, he looks wonderful. God is so faithful!!! God bless you!
Vikki <>< (Virginia)
Wow....those babies are looking GREAT! It's amazing how BIG they look compared to the first pics of them. They have really come a long way quickly and you all continue to be in my daily prayers!
God Bless!
Cathy
I hope that Preston does not suffer anymore.
I am so happy they are all doing so well! Praying Prestons surgery goes well, and the PDA closes!
Awesome that they are doing so well. Praying that Preston's PDA surgery goes perfectly!
Good to hear that everyone's doing as well as they can be :)
You are in our prayers. Love the pic of Preston sucking his thumb, so very cute.
You guys are so amazing, I can't even imagine finding time to update my blog if I had those beautiful babies to look after. We will keep them all in our prayers, especially little Preston.
SO cute! Prayers still coming for your little ones! I am amazed at your strength...Keep it up! I love the pics...they are so cute and getting sooo big...
Stephania~(dancer4_1) FF
I will definatly pray for your babies. My son was early and had to be in the Nicu I remeber the pain of not getting to hold my baby and the excitment from going from the Vent to the CPAP to the can. Now when I see my beautiful boy who just turned two and is the 75% it make all that a distant memory.
You have been awarded the 'Honest Scrap' award. Details on my blog.
Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Your blog is amazing! The pics look so awesome especially with the music playing. The babies look so great. I pray for Preston and his surgery and that Dahlia is better today. See you soon,
Amy
Your blog is so inspirational and positive. Your babies are gorgeous! Good luck with all!
Poor little Preston - he has had a rough time. Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment