Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WE KNOW THE GENDERS!!!

INTRODUCING OUR 4 BABIES!







Baby A: Girl (Dahlia Colleen King)



Baby B: Boy (Preston Wayne King)



Baby C: Boy (Parker Elden King)



Baby D: Girl (Madelyn Lila King)


I cannot believe we are having 2 boys and 2 girls!!! We are ecstatic! We are just prancing around on cloud 9! This is just amazing. Now it is not 100% yet but the doctor seemed pretty sure!


So I just had a routine appointment with Dr. Herzog, and what was going to be a pretty routine appointment turned into a very long and serious one! When we first got there, they took us back to meet one of Dr. Herzog's other patients that is expecting triplets and she had a cerclage placed today at 12 weeks. Well since I am 13 weeks pregnant with quads I just knew it was going to come quickly for me! So he did an internal exam and said that my cervix was already shortened to half of the length it should be!! The doctor seemed kind of alarmed and immediately left the room to tell my nurse to schedule the cerclage (stitching the cervix shut) for Friday. So Friday at 2 I will be at Baylor in Frisco doing that. It is an outpatient procedure but I have to be there long enough for the epidural to wear off. Hopefully I will be out that evening! Oh and Dr. Herzog said my uterus is measuring like an 18 week pregnancy!


So then he sent me to my high risk doctor to get an ultrasound done! I was so excited because I didnt think we were gonna get one today! Dr. Albert asked us if we wanted to know what the genders probably were, I said Heck Ya to that! Each baby looked great and was measuring 3 days ahead. They were wiggling around it was so cute! He checked the fluid behind their necks and all of those looked normal as well. This can indicate abnormalities in the baby, but everyone looked great. He measured my cervix and said that according to the ultrasound, it looked great, but that Dr. Herzog was very experienced and it would not hurt to go ahead and do the cerclage.


Our babies are now the size of a......



Here are some facts about our little ones:

Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking (baby b was doing this today), toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.



I am growing so rapidly. Still the nausea has not left but my Zofran prescription helps a ton! I have had a couple of days of excruciating pain on the right side of my belly down to my groin. I found out today that this is Round Ligament Pain do to the uterus stretching at such a phenomenal rate!!

Thank you so much Neysa for watching Eva! It really means so much, I cannot tell you! To know that she was with a family that loves her and she is safe and having fun is simply priceless! I missed her so much while we were away. I cannot wait until she gets to meet her brothers and sisters!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngrats girl!! How exciting! I seriously got chills. TAKE IT EASY. I can not stress that enough. Its worth it, you may not get as much as you want done but there is time when they are in NICU and you really would rather them get here safely.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for yall!!! Eva was great and we love to have her over as much as needed. Time for me to shop for these 4 lemons!

Cindy and Ben said...

Congratulations! 2 boys & 2 girls that'll make bedroom arrangements easy! :)That's very exciting!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, so exciting! is it just me, but I always picture a peach as bigger than a lemon, but I guess not?? That's so exciting: 2 girls and 2 boys, how perfect! I'm so happy for u guys!

Misty said...

Congrats! I love Dr. Alberts! Tell him hello. He told us our genders early on and was completely right!
Yeah!

Aundrea said...

That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! and I love the names!

Mandie said...

OOH! Dahlia! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to check on you today and see how everything went! let me know if you need anything, remember i am just down the street.