Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The time has come!

The time has officially come where I am on strict bedrest! The doctor said I can only get up to use the restroom and shower. Nothing bad happened at my appointment but both of my doctors are telling me that we really need to be cautious so that the babies stay inside for as long as possible. I am so glad that we got a new laptop because now I can blog from the couch!


Well we accomplished 16 weeks yesterday, so we are officially in our 17th week! This pregnancy is really flying by and we are so excited that our family will be expanding very soon. So for all of you who thought that it was way too early to tell the genders at 13 weeks, we have great news..... STILL 2 BOYS AND 2 GIRLS 100%. We are so so relieved! Especially after we just completed both of the adorable nurserys this weekend!


I was especially nervous for today's appointment. I am not sure why, but I guess with being pregnant with 4 babies it is hard for me to believe that everything could keep going so perfectly! Well today's appointment went very very well! Our ultrasound was very long (which we love) and we got awesome pics of each of the babies:


Dahlia Colleen



Preston Wayne




Parker Elden




Madelyn Lila





Both Dahlia and Madelyn weigh 4 ounces and Parker and Preston weigh 5. It is funny that the boys weigh the same and the girls weigh the same. We also asked my high risk doctor when he thought I would go on hospital bedrest and he said around week 24. Week 24 is Christmas Eve so we are sure that we could go in after that. I just have to be on my best behavior until then lol!

Last week we got to take a tour of Plano Presby's NICU. This place I am sure will be our home for many weeks after the babies are born. It really was amazing how much they cater to the parents! They have 8 pods, each consisting of 6 rooms for 6 patients. They will put all 4 babies in the same pod and so we will pretty much have our own suite! It really was a nice place! The definetly make a scary situation a little more relaxing!


We had the world's best baby shower on Friday! We got so much and it really helped us to feel so much more prepared! Thank you Neysa and Emily for the wonderful food! I know how hard it must have been with new babies at home! Believe me that the things y'all have done for us do not go unnoticed! Thank you to Nan and Pop for making us all of those freezer meals! I know they will come in so handy! Thank you Mel and Brian for the cribs, yummy root beer, and all of the clothes for our kiddos! Especially Eva's since we know we have to prepare her for the wintertime too! Thank you to my mom, Asa, and Aunt Gail for the shower and all of the time you spent to make both of our nurserys the cutest on the planet! Also, thank for the gazillion clothes you bought! We had a blast with you! Thank you Alisa for renting the clubhouse for us! And thank you to all of you who took time out of your busy schedules on our behalf to spend that evening celebrating our new family!!!!!!! YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!


I will leave you with my latest belly pics! Farewell and we love you all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good mama.
YOU LISTEN TO THE DOCS!!!
I pushed the envelope a lot when on home bed rest and that is why i was in the hospital at 23 weeks contracting. Dont push it.
WHen you get a chance, can you send me that picture of you and i at your shower?
Also, i would love to come visit and hang out with you on bed rest. i can bring boxes of stuff for yout o go through for the quads.
I know you have lots of visitors so let me know which weeks are best. I have help on tuesdays if that day works for you, just let me know what time :)

Stephanie said...

New to your blog and just thought I would say hello! I cant remeber who I founf you through, but it was one of the Quad moms! You all amaze me.
Sounds like you are doing great and learning to take it easy!
It will all be a distant memory soon!
Prayers from Katy, TX!!

Anonymous said...

Plano Presby is where Nolan was! You are going to LOVE the doctors and nurses there! They are so helpful and compassionate and make the stay there so much easier. We had Dr. Reddy and the lactation nurse, Becky is awesome! Nolan and I would love to come take a look at the nurseries if you are up for visitors!

The Ballard's said...

Hey Jenna! It's Erika. It is so great to see your blog and read about this exciting time in your lives. I can only imagine what this time must be like for you all I wanted to say with reading you rlatest blog is that the NICU is scary, BUT they do amazing things there and they are so committed to taking the best care of your children as possible. I know that they did for Shelby and especially Bennett. Those are the times that you will look back 5 years from now and wonder how on earth you did it. But you get through it and you are better for it. Love you guys and can't wait to hear more from ya'll
Love Erika Jason Shelby and Bennett

Unknown said...

Hey Jenna! I heard you were preggers with quads, but didn't realize who you were till I looked at your blog.. my old "nursing room buddy" with the cute bows for your little girl. I'm glad you found pamom, it is a great organization and so much help!! We're not in Sachse anymore we moved about a month ago, but good luck with the pregnancy and bedrest. Just keep those babies in!! So glad I found your blog, now I can check up on you :) We'll keep you in our prayers!!
Marji

Mrs. Southern said...

Very cute names you have picked out for your babies! I ran across your blog from another blog and just wanted to say Good Luck on bedrest, I always get cabin fever staying inside for more than 2 days! =)

Ross Family said...

Ran across your blog through the Gerwers (I think) and am so excited to find another quad family. Sounds like you are doing a GREAT job of taking it easy. Keep up the good work! I will be praying for you and your babies.

Jenny B said...

I found you from the Gerwer blog and wanted to give ya some encouragement. YOU WILL SURVIVE bedrest!!:) I was on it from 13 weeks til we delivered at 31+1 weeks. And now it's a distant memory. Let me know if there anything i can do (jennyhasquads (at) yahoo.com) although Casey i'm sure is a great resource for you:)Welcome to the "online quad click";) i'll be praying that you and the babies continue to do well!

Jenny

Amy-Jo said...

I love the pictures, it is amazing how quickly they all grow! I hope you are feeling good and resting a lot. We are praying for you all.