OK so before I start I have a question for all of my Moms of Multiples... Is it just as hard for you to find time to create a blog post as it is for me? I feel like yall are doing so well and I always fall behind lol!
So here is the update on us....
Baby Dahlia Bear
Well little Dahlia has had quite a hiccup. We took her to her cardiologist to evaluate how her heart is doing (remember how she had chronic pulmonary hypertension so they gave her viagra to increase her blood flow) Well we found out that she has an Articular Septal Defect (ASD) This is a hole (of medium size) in the septal wall of her heart. I know this is probably way over your head but what this means for Dahlia is that her blood interchanges within her heart are not normal and she is probably getting too much bloodflow into her lungs. So because she is having to overcompensate for the extra work her heart is doing, she will probably be smaller and more tired than the rest of the babies.
We are already seeing a difference in her than in our other little ones. She is a very calm baby and seems to be very sleepy most of the time. She has very skinny legs and weighs the least of all of our babies (12 pounds while Preston is 15) and stimulation seems to overwhelm her and tire her out.
GAMEPLAN: When Dahlia is 4 to 6 yrs of age she will have to get the ASD repaired. She cannot have it repaired any sooner because her heart and body will not be strong enough until that age. At that time (on the smaller scale) she will have a procedure where a heart cath will be inserted through her leg into her heart to close the hole. On the larger scale, she will have full blown heart surgery which is very scary....
So what that means for her until this procedure is that she will have to watch out to not overdo it when she is playing. We dont put her in excersaucers or anything that will make her have to work to hard. And we will pretty much just have to watch her and make sure she takes frequent breaks from playing.
GOOD NEWS: The cardiologist said that Dahlia can now be weaned off of her oxygen. We go see the pulmonologist on Tuesday and he will tell us exactly what our plan is for that! Dahlia also rolled over for the first time a couple of days ago! We are so proud of her though we dont want her to get to carried away while she still has oxygen tubing wrapped around her face!
All of the other babies are doing really well. Madelyn is our little spunky baby and she just loves to talk to everyone! It is so cute to listen to her ramble! Preston is still quite the mamas boy and he loves to cuddle. Parker talks to momma all of the time in "Heeeee, Heeeeee" language. So cute!
Eva is doing well and is 95th percentile for weight and 99th for height! She is definetly a big girl but after having tiny preemies I will never be less than happy for healthy children! We are taking her to the circus tomorrow so that will be alot of fun!
I have still been working away on my bowtique and have actually gotten alot of business from it! Thank you for all of you who have ordered (http://www.smittenkittenbowtique.com)! Trever is still busy with real estate and I am ever so grateful for his hard work and diligence in providing and taking care of our family!
We were so lucky to have our really good friends from Dallas stop in and stay with us! We really miss the Petersens and it was nice to spend some time with them! Well I think that is all for now! Thanks you all for being so loyal to our blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey girly! Me finding time to blog is a little "get away" so I take every opportunity I can get! Kylee has a VSD. I'm not sure what the difference is actually. What you described sounds the exact same. I don't know the extent of hers yet, we go back to the cariologist next month. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. Take care and talk to you soon :]
Heather
Hey gilry! It's my little get away to blog, so I take every opportunity I can! Kylee also has a VSD. I'm not sure what the difference is... what you describe sounds just like hers. We don't know the severity of hers yet and go top the cardiologist next month. Glad to hear everything is goind well for you guys. Talk to you soon!
-Heather
You are doing great with your blog girlie! Don't sweat it! Just enjoy those babies! I have a ton of posts that are saved as drafts that I still need to work on.
Praying for miss Dahlia...so sweet. You rock at updates - your kids are going to love reading this when they are older.
Love you!
The Other King Quads!!!!
How do us multiple mommies have time to blog? Well, it helps that I have the computer parked in the living room, which is the main play room. haha. And little sleep. :)
That's awesome that the babies are doing so well. My daughter Chloe will be getting a procedure similar to that for a hole in a different part of her heart.
Hey Jenna...
Let me know if you need to talk about the heart thing...I've been there!!! Is she going to get treatment at Texas Childrens? It has one of the top children's heart programs in the nation...you will be in great hands there! Drop me an email if you want to chat... bussan1@sbcglobal.net
Just clicked over and realized we have the same backgrounds! I am pretty sure you had yours first so I will change mine!
P.S. I nominated you for Honest Scrap...check out my blog
The Other King Quads
Post a Comment