Friday, March 20, 2009

LONG OVERDUE!!!

Madelyn
Preston

Mommy and Parker


Parker back on CPAP for a couple of days.



Nana and Parker



Grammy and Madelyn





Grammy and Eva






Baby Parker getting a bath








Mommy giving Parker kisses

Madelyn


Baby Dahlia on SiPap

Preston


Parker

Grammy and Preston



Parker





Dahlia


Preston on CPAP




Grandma and Parker



Trever and Parker



Parker getting a swaddle bath





Grandma and Madelyn


Grandma and Dahlia



Parker in his bouncy seat












Grandma and Preston




Eva


Mommy,Daddy and Eva on our anniversary







I am so so so sorry it has taken me so long to post again! Life has been way busy and Trever and I never ever have down time. First of all Trever and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary yesterday! I love him so much and I am so happy to have him as my husband! These 4 years have been jam packed with events that have really changed our lives! I am the happiest I have ever been!

Madelyn-

OK this little fireball of a baby is doing FABULOUS! She actually could come home as early as next week! We are so excited I cannot even tell you! Once she gets up to 8 feedings per day on the bottle she can come home. Right now she is at 5 and every couple of days she will go up to another bottle feed. She looks just like Eva when Eva was a baby. It is amazing! She is still on the canula but at extremely low settings. The doctors are wanting to get her feeds up before they completely take her off of the canula. In fact, she will probably be sent home on oxygen. She weighs 5 pounds 7 ounces and she is now the same size as Preston and she is no longer our smallest baby. She is still wearing preemie sized clothing, but not for long!

Preston-

Preston is really doing AMAZING! He has been extubated and went onto the SIPAP for a couple of days. He was doing so well on that so they moved him onto the CPAP. He has been doing great on that and he is supposed to be on canula today! I cannot believe how well he has been doing! He is so handsome and still has honey blonde hair! He loves to hear our voice and wakes up right away when he hears us! He has now outgrown his preemie clothes :( :) kind of bittersweet. The other day he had high bands from his blood culture which can indicate an infection. They decided to investigate further and all results came back negative for infection! We were relieved to not have to deal with another major setback. If all goes well with bottle feeding, he should be able to be home by his due date on April 14th.


Parker-

This little man is such a flirt! He is making all of the NICU nurses sign up to be primaries for our babies because he flirts with them lol! He is on nasal canula and working down his settings. He had a bit of a setback because he was a little too aggressive at nursing and got overwhelmed. So for a couple of days they had to move him back to CPAP. We havent started bottle feeding him again but we should be back to doing that within the next day or two. He is now our smallest baby weighing in at 5 pounds 7 ounces. He has outgrown his preemie clothes too!


Dahlia-


Dahlia is such a little fighter! She has been working so hard on the SIPAP and her settings are still pretty high. The doctors might administer steroids in the next few days to help her out a little bit because they are trying to avoid reintubating her. She is now our biggest baby and weighs in at 6 pounds 1 ounce! I cannot believe how big she is getting! She too, has outgrown her preemie clothes.

All of the babies range in about the 50th percentile for size which is amazing because they were born at 25 weeks and are high order multiples. They are now 36 weeks and 3 days. This journey has been so long and Trever and I both are ready to have them home! We appreciate all of the support we have gotten from our friends and family members and we love you all!

18 comments:

Cathy H. said...

Wow......I'm am just blown away at how well these babies are doing, considering the fact they they were just barely past the "viability" stage of being able to survive outside of the uterus....you are truly blessed and I'm soooo happy for you. Can't wait to see pics of them ALL at home!!!

May God continue to bless you all!

Cathy

Jenn K said...

Oh Jenna! They are so beautiful. I love what you wrote about each baby - you will cherish this someday. They are so sweet, I miss them being so tiny :)

Jenn

Suzie said...

Woohoo!!! Your post brought me to tears, I can't believe that you could be bringing one of these babies home next week! Simply AMAZING! Also, it's hard to believe that they now weigh what Addy weighed when she was born! Seriously, I am so excited for you and your family!

Also, CONGRATULATIONS! on the 4 year Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Lots of pics and updates!!
Thanks for sharing even though we all know you are super busy!!!

The Cochran Crew said...

Sweet sweet! Love all the pictures!!! You better get ready mommy and daddy, looks like you'll have your babies home in no time!!! Remember, we're always here if you need us!
Sandra~
BBGG Quads, 7 months
Hannah Noelle, 4 years

kewd said...

I am so glad to hear that they are doing so well. :)

Laura Marchant said...

They are beautiful!

A n T said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad to hear an update from you. Love the pics and love all the great news on how well everyone is doing. Continuing to keep everyone in my prayers.

The Ballard's said...

Wow Jenna! That is awesome. I can not wait to see them. You guys are truly blessed. Love you guys.
Jason Erika Shelby and Bennett

Anonymous said...

I hope you get them home soon but I guess it would have been better if you had only had two vice four babies

Anonymous said...

SOOO proud of you guys!! it was great to see you yesterday and cant wait to meet your adorable angels soon!!!!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

They all look great and it's wonderful to hear that they're growing out of the preemie clothes. How exciting that they're all working so hard to come home with you guys :) They're all beautiful :)

Hales Family said...

Jenna, I am so happy for your little family! Your babies sure are troopers. They are all so beautiful! Congrats on the great progress! I'll look for lots of pictures of Madelyn's homecoming! What a celebration!

debi9kids said...

Fantastic to see you up and posting again. These babies are such miracles! Just so beautiful and so amazing!
Keeping you always in my prayers.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I dont care that you havent posted in weeks, I still check your blog everyday for updates, hehehehehe! I'm so excited for you! The babies are getting so big and are doing so great. I love that you'll be getting one home at a time to help build your routine and super excited it could all start as early as this week! For those babies needing oxygen suggest Nebulizer treatments. Allyssa was having a hard time kicking the oxygen and came home on it 24/7 for almost 3 months. It was an oral steroid *hopefully your babies wont need the stronger ones* and a bronchial opener. xopenox, pulmicort and or Foradil. I love that you're all so busy and that life is shining for you all right now. I'll keep praying and keeping looking back for a coming home party celebration post! Hugs xoxoxo Connie

gilloth/Edina said...

So glad to read and see how really much they have grown and developed. May GOD continue to bless you all!

Edina

The Madeira Triplets said...

They are doing so, so well! I hope that you get a new addition to your household next week :D All four are so very sweet, and the biggest blessings!!

Faye said...

YOU ARE IN MY HEART AND PRAYERS.WHAT AN AWSOM GOD WE HAVE LOVE THE PICS.SENDING YOU ALL LOTS IF HUGS.I WILL BE CHECKING FOR UPDATES!