Friday, November 14, 2008

19 Weeks! Coming right up!!!


Well let me just say that today's appointment has put me on cloud 9. It was really really amazing. It was a 2 hour ultrasound that measured every anatomical part of each of our babies. The heart chambers, head, brain, arms, thighs, feet, toes, hands, fingers, and bellies. And the miracle of it is that they are all 100% perfect! I just really am so deeply in love with them!

I was really really nervous about my cervical length measurement because that could be considered the most important factor in determining when my hospital stay will begin! As I have previously mentioned, 2 weeks ago it was a 3.8, last week it grew to a 4.1 (which is great), and this week it was a whopping 4.7!!! We were so ecstatic! This bedrest is really paying off and I am really getting the assurance that all of this lying down is helping! 34 weeks here we come!

We also got some fantastic news from our high risk doctor today! Well, as you all know, we have really been hoping to avoid me living at the hospital until after Christmas. Unfortunately, we have been told that at 24 weeks (Christmas Eve) I will be there to stay until the babies are born. Well he told us that he will be out of town until the 29th of December!!! So this means I will not be going in until at least 25 weeks! We are so ecstatic! I get to spend my Christmas home with little Eva and my hunk Trever (as long as I stay on my best behavior lol :)). I really have a positive attitude about everything now and I am looking forward to this new family we will have!

I figured we were overdue for a belly pic so here it goes!
I have gained a total of 25 pounds as of today so I feel like I am doing pretty good. I am starting to feel the babies a whole lot more so that has been really neat!

All of the babies weighed 8 ounces except for Parker who was 9 ounces! You go boy!
And here are the pics of the babies today!

Dahlia
Preston

Parker





Madelyn


Last weekend Trever's Mother, grandmother, and some of their friends threw us a baby shower down in Austin! It was so wonderful and there were so many wonderful women that came to support us! Thank you to all of you who took the time out to help us! We truly appreciate it! And again, to my hosts, you ladies are amazing! Thanks so much and you are welcome in our home any time!
My hosts (My beautiful mother in law in the blue)
Some of my wonderful friends decided to nix a night on the town that they had planned and instead they spent girl's night in my living room last night! We all ordered sushi (I had cooked of course) and talked about some really interesting things :) lol!! I just wanted to personally thank Neysa, Jennifer, Jessica, Melissa, Cindy, Amy, Carrie, Mandie, and Mindy for doing that for me! It really meant so much!
Thank you to everyone who has brought meals and given us things for our babies! Casey, Kristi, Neysa, Holly, Melanie, and Anita Bell we cannot thank you enough!

Eva and her cousins Gavin and Sierra

Eva cooking mommy dinner! Daddy's favorite Sous Chef

Eva and Ally

We are finishing up our volunteer lists so if you are interested, make sure you email me at jkingheritage@yahoo.com. These are being compiled only for after the babies are home as of right now! Thanks to you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a wonderful appointment! I have been reading your blog for a week or two now but this might be my first time commenting. My daughter, Bailey, wore the same polka dot Carter's shirt today that Eva had on it that last picture. Made me smile :)

Shifler Clan said...

Wow great cervical length, your is longer now then my was at 13 weeks with only 1 :-) I am so happy that you will get to stay home for xmas!!!!

Cindy and Ben said...

Wow Jenna I'm so glad that all of your babies are perfect! Sounds like the bed rest is paying off!

jag said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Now I can follow your journey! I am so excited for you -- ALL OF YOU! I love to see the ultra sound images. I really miss getting those. Well, judging by the adorable pics of Miss Eva, you've got some cute little pumpkins on the way! I can't wait to hear more about them! Take it easy. I'll be praying for you! Way to go on the outstanding cervix (sounds so weird to say that, but my cervix was an issue, so I'm very happy for you)! Email me if you need anything. I'll go check to see that the email portion of my profile available.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is so going so wonderful! How exciting about staying a little bit longer after christmas. We will definitely need to do some more girls nights at your house!

the Forrest Diaries said...

Oh Jenna I am so excited for you guys! Things seem to be doing better than expected. YOu had better be on your best behavior (No more getting up to lock the cat up..:P) We will see you soon!!! Take it easy.