Saturday, April 25, 2009

Can You Even Believe It?!?

Eva meeting Preston for the very first time!
Homeward bound!


Preston on the way home.

Parker, Madelyn, and Preston all snuggled in.

Parker,Madelyn and Preston just getting home from picking up Preston.
Eva kissing Madelyn





Mommy tandem feeding for the first time.


Our sweet little Dahlia on her first easter

Eva on her swing.


Kissy kissy Madelyn and Parker
Mommy, Eva, Madelyn and Parker ( Madelyn is not nursing lol)

Madelyn at the pedi





Parker at his first Pedi appointment

Eva giving Parker his first bath at home


Can you even believe that our little Preston came home yesterday? I mean, it feels like just yesterday that he was on the brink of death and you all rallied around to pray for him! I remember that time so clearly. I remember wondering if I would be able to ever hold him while he was living and wondering if I would be able to raise him! It was a very emotional day for me. I am so glad our little man is home but it was very difficult to leave Dahlia alone in the NICU. I miss her so much! I just cannot wait for the day when we are all together!

So last night was our first night with three babies at home and all I can say was that it was a lot of work but we are loving every minute of it! Between Trever,my sister I we got probably a total of 3 hours sleep max!!! CRAZY!!! There is always at least one baby awake at a time and babies this size just love to grunt and groan like crazy which makes it extremely difficult for us to sleep! I do have to say that we just love being their primary caregivers! It is about dang time :)! The are all such snuggle bugs! They just love to be held! Eva was excited about having another baby and she has not even shown one bit of jealousy! She has acted like a dream amidst all of this chaos!

Parker and Madelyn had appointments with both their Pedi and Pulmonologist this week. They both are being treated for reflux and we found out Parker is tongue tied (thanks to his daddy, Trever had it too). So it is making it a little more difficult for him to eat. Parker has been taken off of all but two of his meds and little miss Madelyn is now off of her oxygen. Dahlia's little heart is miraculously healed because of all of your prayers! Instead of a month to six weeks for her to come home, we are now looking at about another two! I just cannot believe all of the many miracles that we are being blessed with!

Well I better go for now! It is 3 PM and I am thinking I might could actually sneak away to get a shower!

30 comments:

Charity Donovan said...

Yay Momma! So glad Preston is home! What an amazing little miracle that little man is! I am praying that your family will be under one roof very soon! Hugs!!!! GET THAT SHOWER WHILE YOU CAN MOMMA....the sweet nectar of a quiet shower...don't all we quad mommas know how you are feeling! lol!

The Cochran Crew said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I love and miss that preemie grunt! I remember Casey saying the same thing to me and thinkin, I'll never miss it, oh, I do, I do!! I love, love all your blankets, car seat covers, everything!!! Luv Ya, Honey!

~Amber~ said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! YAY! So glad the 3 of them are home! Can't wait for Dahlia to get home too! Your children are beautiful, you are in my thoughts daily and I can't wait to see pics of them all home together! Sweet little Eva is a gem!

Cathy H. said...

This post just gave me goose bumps.....it's just incredible to hear about all these miraculous things you're babies are experiencing. God bless you and your beautiful family.

Cathy (FF)

Jennifer said...

That is all great news. I'm so happy for Emily's former 'roomies'.

Laura Marchant said...

Congrats! I am so happy he is home now.

The Ballard's said...

What a binch of miracles for your family! That is so exciting! We are so happy for you.

ANSLEY said...

Congrats!! Your family is so beautiful and we are enjoying reading all of your wonderful news!! We continue to keep your family in our prayers.

Connie (WhitsMomma FF) said...

Preston, My boy is home!!!! I prayed so hard and thought about him so much when he was going through is difficult time. I just luv him so much and so sorreal that you have 3 home. Its all just coming together so nicely! I know 2 is alot of work and I have a 3 year old so that made it easier where as Eva is not big enough to help *as much* but she will be a fanastic helper with throwing away diapers, getting burp cloths and holding a baba maybe! WAHOO! Are you going to use a schedule? Not sure how you MoM's of that many babies work it out but I know for me I tried to keep the twins on a schedule and prepped the bottles at the same time and would feed at the same time and or feed one and then quickly move on to the other to give that special cuddle feeding time. Oh, I'm sure you'll be sharing your routine soon enough, lets me just give you a chance to get one, lol, hehehehe! I'm glowing for you! *hugs*
Connie from FF

Stephanie said...

Yeah for babies and yeah for showers! lol
I'm so glad Preston is home...Dahlia will soon follow!!

patward said...

I came across your blog a few months ago and have been following you since then. Praise the Lord for your little miracles! I have a sweet (almost) 3 month old baby girl. I can't imagine having 4!! I know you and your husband are tired-I am praying for you and your family-for rest and strength! And praying for little Eva too!

Moni Graf said...

Congrats on having 4 of 5 kids home and even REMEMBERING you have a computer....much less a blog to update! Rock on, sister!

The sleep thing WILL mellow out once you all hit your groove. It IS rough at first, and days/weeks/months seem to all be a big blur. But then, you remember that you took pictures and those pics help to remember some of the things/events you may have forgotten in the meantime. Just keep smiling that gorgeous smile! And know you can always contact all your "quad sistas" for support, advice, a good laugh, and pretty much anything else!

Love,
Moni

kimybeee said...

Isn't it funny how priorities change - you just want some sleep and a shower. I can't imagine doing it all with multiples.

How great that Eva is doing so well with the new crew. It looks like she is having a great time giving the baby a bath.

Enjoy your crew and here's praying Dahlia joins you soon.

kimybeee

lynne from uk said...

Lovely to see little Preston home after seeing him so ill, and sounds like good news about Dahlia too! Hope all continues to go well, best wishes to all the family.

Hilary said...

What sweet pictures..your babies are so beautiful and handsome!! Glad they are all almost home too.

Anonymous said...

You are doing great!!! The kids look awesome! SO PROUD OF YOU!! Here if you need me, always :)

Jenn K said...

Yippie! I am so happy Preston is home. I also miss that little grunt. You are doing great and it looks like little Eva is going to be a major helper taking care of her little brothers and sisters.

Can't wait to see the post where Miss Dahlia comes home. You will be so happy to have all of your babies together.

Love - The other King Quads :)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you all, and what a miracle for little Dahlia to be coming home quickly! If there is anything we can do for you guys, please let us know! Big hugs and new baby sniffs!

Tara said...

I'm so glad to hear your babies are doing well!! How exciting to have 3 of them home with you- and how exhausting! :-) What a beautiful family! You will continue to be in our prayers.

debi9kids said...

Just amazing! Those sweet little babies are absolute miracles!

Continuing to keep you all in my prayers.

\Blessings!

Katie said...

Congrats on getting to bring home #3!

gilloth/Edina said...

I think we all, who visit this blog, remember bthose hard days and when we just think of little Preston, we must think of how gracious God is. Lil'Preston is a special little man. Well, they all are.
Pryaing that you continue to have good times and get strength for what you need and that lil' Dahlia may soon get home!

Kelly said...

Oh Jenna what an awesome post!!! I am soooooooooo happy for you and your entire family! :)

Hales Family said...

I am so happy for you Jenna! I am beyond relieved that Preston is home. What a sweet baby!

And Dahlia's cute little cheeks are so precious! I'm sure she will be home in no time!

Love you girly! Give those babes gentle squeezes from me!

Anonymous said...

Jenna oh yay i am so happy for you. how exiting to have 3 of the 4 babies home. i am so happy for you. I love the new pics.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see u yesterday!! I will try to hook up with Marilyn and come visit you guys and give you a little relief from the chaos. They all look sooooo good! Take Care!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the homecomings! I'm a bit of a lurker so forgive me for chiming in. I have a daughter and then triplets, my oldest was 28months when the trio were born.

If I can give you any advice - get them all on a routine (if not a schedule). You'll save your sanity :) I promise :)

I used several different routines as they're needs changed, but having a routine, that all 3 of them were in sync with, was a life saver.

Bekah said...

What wonderful, sweet little blessings! I am a NICU nurse and seeing these four sweet little ones coming home is so amazing! I'm from FF, saw a post about you on the LDS board. I've been praying for your sweet Dhalia. I'm so glad to hear she's doing so much better!

A n T said...

Love the pics! 3 down 1 to go!

We are a little family of four. said...

Thanks for the great update. We think and pray for all of you often. You are a wonder mother!!!