Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Kings Lately...

Hello! I wanted to update everyone on what the King Family has been up to lately!

First I will begin with my pregnancy and baby Liana. She is doing fantastic. Growing and moving alot and we have been fortunate enough to have many 3D ultrasounds of her. We had our 20 week scan where they check pretty much every body part to make sure it looks anatomically correct and everything checked out perfectly! They even looked at her heart to preliminarily check for a hole (like what Dahlia has) and it looks like there is no sign of one. We do have quite the Daddy's diva on our hands as she WILL NOT show her face unless Trever is at the appointment. My last 2 appointments she made it a point to hide her face. I dont have a picture handy of the first ultrasound but she literally had her arms crossed in front of her face. Here are a couple of pics of her I got at my last appointment:





Here she is with her back completely to us the whole time!
So I thought I would post a pic of myself for my mom to see, as she lives in Washington. Here I am at nearly 23 weeks. This pregnancy really has flown by. I cannot believe I am almost to the point in my pregnancy where the quads would have been born! I have had a pretty fun and easy one to this point. My major concern is that my cervix holds strong for this baby as it went through some trauma when Dahlia almost came barreling out at 25 weeks! I told my wonderful doctor about my concerns and she shares them with me. So, she has me coming in about every 2 weeks to measure my cervical length. Its holding for now at 3.5 and my second length was 4.1 so that is pretty average.

Other good news is that Trever got to feel Liana move for the first time this past week and that is always exciting!. Yesterday I actually got to watch her kick and move around for the first time from the outside and that was really neat too! So... I think that is it for Liana and I, we are doing well!

Eva- Is definetly growing into a young girl! She is such a big helper with the quads and she is looking forward to going to Preschool next year. She happily goes to nursery at church every Sunday and will move up to the slightly more "mature" Sunbeams class in January. She just loves church and talks about Jesus and her aspirations to get married in the temple one day. Lately she has openly discussed her very first twitterpation, she has a crush on John Smith. Yes, John Smith from Pocahontas lol! She is obsessed with horses and likes to crawl around on all fours pretending she is a horse named Spice. We will have to see what Santa has in store for her for Christmas :)

Madelyn- Still so cute and fun as ever! Her vocabulary is expanding. Some of her most recent word are "nose" as she points to her nose and "night, night" as she walks up the stairs! So cute! She too is in the nursery at church. She has a hard time at drop off so I usually stay with her until she gets distracted and then she has a blast in there. She is our little baker as she loves to pretend likes she is stirring things in bowls! She is healthy as can be and will have another doctor appointment when she turns 2 in a few weeks!
Dahlia- My sweet little "newborn" lol. We call her our newborn because she is so teeny tiny and loves to cuddle and be held like a newborn baby does. She is getting monthly RSV shots to help protect her from any illnesses this winter. It really is a miracle that insurance would even qualify her from these monthly $5000 shots considering it is extremely rare that any child over 2 can qualify. But somehow our Pediatrician worked some magic for us! As I have mentioned previously, we opted not to do the open heart surgery and wait until she is 4 or 5 to do an outpatient procedure to close the hole in heart. Ever since we made this decision, it has been confirmed over and over that we made the right one! She is now walking all over the place and has progressed rapidly in all areas. Her speech is awesome and she even got discharged from one of her 2 therapists!!! We are so proud of our Dahlia bear!!!
Preston- Yep eyes still glow in the dark lol. We call him our gentle giant! He is by far the biggest of the babies but yet he is still so gentle and sweet! He loves to lay on our chest and rest his head! He loves loves loves anything sports and balls and particularly loves Saturday's when daddy hogs the TV of the 100 different football games on. He walks around saying Ball Ball, Ball Ball. He is very healthy and we are about to take him to his second eye doctor appointment to make sure his eyesight is good!
Parker- Swiper no swiping!!! Yep, this little man is my Swiper through and through! It does not matter what the other kids have in their hands he will swipe it lol! He is definetly the most advanced of the babies as he runs and speaks very well! He is such a cutie and is perfectly healthy! I just cannot even believe he will be 2 in a few weeks! He has the cutest curly hair and loves to ham in front of a camera!
Another pic of Preston:
So a couple of weekends I threw a baby shower for my dear friend Julie so I wanted to show you some pictures of that special day. Julie is the lovely girl in gray! She actually gave birth to a sweet baby girl yesterday. Miriam weighed in at 3 pounds 15 ounces and we are hoping her NICU stay is short! So glad she is here and she chose a wonderful family to come to!




Here are some pics of the kids playing with their new favorite toy, the Parachute ooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh:




Below are pics from Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time with my Dad and his wife Tammy who came in from Utah to spend the Holiday with us! We went to Trever's parents house for dinner and the kids had a blast!
Dahlia playing with some blocks
Parker and Mamaw with Nana in the background
Aunt Britty and Madelyn
Myself and my dad! He is tall huh? Yep I think he is like pushing 7 feet tall!
Mother in law Melonie and Stepmom Tammy
Eva and Daddy- I wanted to update on Trever! He is enjoying his job at Oracle. I am so glad he is happy where he works and has been so successful there! He loves it! He is still a Realtor and does that on nights and weekends. He is such a wonderful father to our children and I am so grateful for the time and energy he spends with them. Such a perfect dad!
Preston
Dahlia
Madelyn
The King Family: Thanksgiving 2010

7 comments:

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

you are so cute!!! cant wait to see that baby!!!

Stephanie said...

So glad to hear you are doing good in the pregnancy!!
Keep us updated girl!! We are all praying for you!!
Love all the pics of the kids! They are getting SO big and precious!!

Cathy H. said...

You look absolutely radiant with that cute baby bump! What a beautiful family you have....can't wait to see who this new little girl looks like. Glad things are going well with everything & hope you all have a blessed Christmas!

God Bless,

Cathy (FF)

Tina Michelle said...

What a sweet update!

Jessica Shumway said...

Such a good post! Everyone looks so great and you're tiny in that preggie pic!! You look great. :)

Four babies 4 us said...

Jenna, you look gorgeous!! I can't believe you had the energy to throw a baby shower though...
We got the T-day shirts we ordered from you and they were a big hit. If you check out my Thanksgiving post on my blog (the title is something to do with tons of people, cats, and dogs...) you'll find pictures of the kids wearing them.
Thanks again!
Michelle

Deborah said...

I just love how all the children are growing. I was also delighted to see that another addition is on her way~!!

For a long while I lost your blog link, but had thought of you.

Deborah
April Mummy (FF)