Saturday, August 23, 2008

WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!


WE ARE PREGNANT!!!

Not 1 baby either.......Not 2 babies either.........Not 3 babies either.......


WE ARE PREGNANT WITH QUADRUPLETS!!! 4 BABIES!!!

Our family already knows the great news but we thought it would be fun to break the news this way to all of our friends! We are so excited. We found out we were pregnant on our first try about 2 weeks ago. Since I dont ovulate on my own, we had to take some medication to make me ovulate. When I first started taking it, my body was extremely resistant and the medication just was not working. So the doctor started us up again on it but increased the dose, but for some odd reason, my body was hypersensitive to it now! So, I overstimulated and created 4 babies (with the help of my wonderful dear husband Trever lol)....

I got my HCG blood levels drawn on the 5th of August and they were at 468!!! Eva's was only in the 100's at that point in my pregnancy with her. So we had a suspicion we were carrying more than one. We thought twins, triplets at the most... So this past Monday we went in to see Dr. Herzog and sure enough 4 sacs! I about fell off of the table in shock! Trever was way excited! All of the babies had heartbeats except Baby D, but we could see it's yolk sac and fetal pole. That entire day we were crying every ten minutes, clearing out the nursery, excited, crying again etc!

Yesterday, (Friday the 22nd) I had my final appt. with my RE and we saw that Baby D had a heartbeat! We were so relieved and we know it is because of all of the prayers that went out on that little's ones behalf!

We are doing great!
I have had a pretty constant nausea all day for the past 2 weeks but nothing worse than that. I feel extremely fatigued and when 8 o'clock at night hits, I am out for the count. My pants are already starting to get tight, as my uterus is already the size of a 12 week pregnancy. I am trying to eat as much as possible (I should be eating 3500 calories a day) but the nausea makes that pretty impossible! I have lost 4 pounds since finding out I am pregnant, and that is despite my craving for chili cheese burritos!

So, we have been looking for a new car that can accomodate 5 children and doing anything else we can just because I have impending bed rest at 20 weeks! Only 13 more weeks! So today a lady offered to give us a crib so we will be going to Ft. Worth to get that. She is such a doll! We are spending as much time with Eva as we know she will have to share that time with 4 other babies in the near future. My next appt. is Monday the 25th! Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers and think happy thoughts for us!! We love you all!

Oh and the u/s shown only shows 3 sacs because the tech couldnt get the 4th one in.

8 comments:

Mandie said...

Oh. My. GOSH!!! That is so exciting! What a miracle! I am secretly jealous cause I've always wanted to have duplicates.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know!

Oh, and about time you got a blog!

:)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited you started telling people! We are so excited for yall! Please let us know what we can do.

the Forrest Diaries said...

Holy cow that is awesome! You have to be super excited about this. If you need anything let me know!
Amy

Aundrea said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you guys! That is seriously amazing! What a great blessing for your family. PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

And welcome to the blogging world!

Stephanie said...

Oh, wow. My head is swimming just thinking about it. No wonder you looked so tired last night. :) You should have told us so we could clean up early and send you home. Who do you have who is going to help you? Honey, you are going to need help! Like two more adults living with you. Wow, I am very happy for you - just concerned for you as well. :) But, if anyone can do it, you guys can. You are amazing people. Please, keep us informed! You are going to need a LOT of meals brought in. :)

Heather said...

Aaaah! This is awesome! I am extremely happy for you. Now how are we going to get our visiting teaching done :)? lol Again like every one before me said, I will be of any help you might need. Both before the birth and after. Just give me a call.

Camille said...

Wow! Congratulations! You are a strong woman. I don't know how I would handle that. I would freak out. It will be nice to have Eva as your little helper. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on the progress and happenings!

Amy said...

Yeah it's amazing how pregnancy can change your body. I'm shocked your doctor started on such a high dosage. either way I'm excited for you!! My husband would have died! It's great that your hubby is so excited though!!!