Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Summer of 2011



Hello everyone! Yep the notorious bad blogger here to update you on the last few months of our crazy life!!! We have had a very busy summer but it doesnt seem to be slowing down anytime soon :) Big big changes in our lives and this blog is all about them!

First and foremost we have suffered the loss of a wonderful grandfather and great-grandfather. Dwain Elden Moss, known by most as Poppy, passed away this summer. After having 2 heart surgeries last year and fighting so very hard during his recovery, he passed away in early August. We miss him dearly. He loved the children so much and was such a great grandfather to my husband. It definetly hasnt been the same without him.

Here is Poppy with Liana, Parker and Eva. I am so glad he got to meet Liana!

His beautiful wife Nana. I cannot believe how strong she has been through this trial!

The kids have spent alot of time inside this summer as the temperatures have been over 110 degrees and we have had a very severe drought. The only time we can ever get them outside is if they get to play in the water. So sad as we just got an amazing playscape that they could care less about lol! Look at that playscape that never gets used!


Madelyn and Preston in another playscape we got them. Can you tell we are desperate lol?
Madelyn such a silly bug!



Trever is such a good dad and is always playing with them!

We spent alot of time at Kawaiis shaved ice to cool off! We have the funnest friends that love to hang out with us despite our craziness :)
Jenny and her twins London and Kingston
Eva and Auntie Hales
Jaxon

Miriam
The mommy of Jax and Mim Jules :)
Jenny and my boy Preston
Preston and Madelyn
Preston and Mommy

My all time favorite quality about my two friends Jenny and Julie is that they are so accepting of my big family! Jenny had our ENTIRE family over for Labor Day at her parents house and Julie is always trying to get me to bring all of my kids over to play! Since most of the time I wont bring them to her house, because I am scared of the destruction they may cause lol, she never hesitates to bring her kids here and play with us! It just makes me feel great to know that there are friends that love my children and want them around all of the time despite how many there are! I am sure my high order multiple friends can relate that we dont always get invited to activities because of how many kids we have, but these two girls have never cared!!!

So the 5 older children started preschool this month! We have seen amazing AMAZING improvements in their behavior and learning abilities since they have started! Eva is in a Pre- K class that is 5 days a week and the quads go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They are all getting soooo much better at following direction. Eva will point to signs and trucks (like Fed Ex) and say "Hey that sign has a Letter of my name in it" Today she got to make homeade applesauce from apples that she brought! She has been learning about just how special Heavenly Father has made her!
Eva and her teacher Mrs. Kennedy

The quads are all in the same class in preschool and they are loving it! We no longer have crying at drop off :) They bring home pictures of shapes they color and I love reading their "toddler gram" reports! This week at church, we were actually able to stay in Sacrament meeting for a full 50 minutes----------->HUGE RECORD! I think preschool is really helping them understand that there is a time for play and a time for sitting still. I am still working out the kinks of picking up 5 little kids and have a baby in tow. Its a challenge but I have discovered the back packs with leases attached which allows me to hold all 4 of the quads with one hand. Nice!
So the best news of the summer is that my mom is moving here in 10 more days!!! Whooooooo hoooooo! She will live very close to us and she got a home on an 11 acre Arabian Horse ranch, which Eva has gone gaga for! I cannot wait until she gets here and I appreciate all of the sacrifices she is making to live closer to us!

My sweet Mother with Eva and Liana

Here are pics of all the kiddos:

Eva
Parker
Dahlia
Preston


Madelyn


Baby Liana-

So I wanted to update you lovely followers on the caboose of the king family! Liana is the most amazing baby ever! Yeah yeah I know everyone says this about their babies but she really truly is a very easy going baby! She is teething right now and her two bottom teeth are about to come in! She is 5.5 months old now! Today actually she rolled over for the very first time! She is such a chunky monkey as she is 85th% in weight and 50th% in weight! I love that I get alone time with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays and now I realize how much I have missed that one on one bonding time with my babies. It was so hard to do that with the quads and I am sad I didnt have that chance! I get to take her to play dates and grocery shopping and do all of the things a normal mom gets to do on those days!



Well I guess that is all for now! Love to all!!! Hopefully I will be back to update soon :)


Love Always,
Jenna

7 comments:

Cindy and Ben said...

Loved the update!!! Glad you're coming up to Dallas this weekend :)

Cindy and Ben said...

Loved the update! You're children are precious!!!

Holly and Brad said...

What a sweet post! Jenny and Julie are great, aren't they? Love them!

Anonymous said...

You are such amazing parents and you have the most beautiful family! I loved those pictures of Eva at the end!!!

Craig said...

Wow, that play scape is AMAZING! It is like your own play ground. I think Tyler would die and go to heaven if he had one of those. Where did you guys get it?

Craig said...

That last post was actually Mindy by the way. :)

Kari said...

How lucky are you to have such great friends?!? I love all the pics. Liana is growing up too quickly!